Toribash
Original Post
Head Texture of the Month: Steam Punk

Wipe off your tablets or your mice, and get the artistic cogs in your brain turning folks because it’s time for a rustic reboot of an old Head Texture of the Month theme!

In this event, the Event Squad (ES) give artists a theme to work with, and you have 4 weeks to create an outstanding head texture. The person who creates the head that best fits the judging criteria receives prizes. But don't worry if you don't make it out on top, as there will be several honorable mentions. So let's fire up our artistic engines!

The winner will receive:

30,000 TC
+

2048x1024 HEAD TEXTURE
+

+

Donations:
Ancient - 291 tc
Crollex - 6750 tc
Donut - 100,000 tc
Cappuccino - 96,250 tc

Thanks to all the doners!!!

Several honorable mentions will be picked; if your head receives an honourable mention, you will receive :

Honorable Mention Prize:

Winning entries and honorable mentions will be advertised in both the original post of the following month's thread with the artists credited AND in a sticky thread in the Art forum. Also, if you're looking to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, this is your big chance for publicity!

We do still have rules that are to be followed. Keep in mind we may not judge your art if it doesn't follow ALL these rules.

- No plagiarism, this isn't tolerated at all and is severely punishable
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will not be judged.
- Do not submit old/pre-made textures.
- A rough sketch or WIP is required to prove that it is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
- Collaborations are allowed, however in this scenario prizes will be split.
- Only one submission is allowed, which also means no alts used to submit two different heads. If you're collaborating with another artist, you can only submit that head.
- Submissions must be in 512x512 or higher.
- Post watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews. It would be much appreciated if you used Toribash Textures for 3D previews.
- If you aren't using Toribash Textures, ensure to make your previews clear, show all aspects of your head and attempt to keep watermarks somewhat non-intrusive while still being effective.
- We encourage you to post frequent WIPs, just make sure in your post that it's clear what the final product is.

After the deadline, the judging process will begin and head textures will be voted on by the Event Squad members. It could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week (4 days most likely). Your entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

- How well the idea fits the theme
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing
- The execution of your idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artists who won/received honorable mentions. Good luck!

This month's theme is Steam Punk!

The winners for the previous HTOTM event were as follows:

Winner: Chab
Honorable Mentions: Hagan and Destram

*Deadline*

The deadline is the July 7th, 20:00 (GMT+0)
Last edited by Submerge; Jul 18, 2018 at 11:14 PM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Zwift View Post
Didn't we have a Steam Punk one a while ago??

Yes quite awhile ago, Jusmi won the previous steam punk one. We’re trying to keep HToTM with monthly themes now but we’ll see what happens in the future
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Finnaly a real Art event
Love you guys for finnaly listening to me
Not sure If I have time to join tho
I'm in. Back for my first real art event, and my first time doing HTOTM

The moment i found out that existed, it was my dream to get one.
Last edited by Pixelate; Jun 8, 2018 at 05:45 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give the best relationship advice
Good job ES, I can't participate sadly, but a great job done giving out the 2048x1024 on an art event
"Death Before Dishonor"
This post will served as my wip progress

wip 1: 40% of the left eyes done

wip 2: slowly but steady

Last edited by Trice; Jun 9, 2018 at 06:21 AM.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you