Ranking
Original Post
Head Texture of the Month: Horror!

It's that spooky time of year again, so let's make some equally spooky head textures!

In this event, the Event Squad (ES) give you guys a theme to work with, and you have 4 weeks to create an amazing head texture. The person who creates the head that best fits the judging criteria receives prizes. But don't worry if you don't make it out on top, as there will be several honourable mentions. Now let's get right into it!

The winner will receive the following:

100000 TC

The winners of the honourable mentions prize will receive the following:

All winning entries and honourable mention winners will be mentioned in both the Opening Post of the next HTotM with the artists credited AND in a Sticky thread in the art forum. So if you're looking for a chance to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, this is it!

We do still have rules that are to be followed. Keep in mind we may not judge your art if it doesn't follow ALL of these rules.

- No plagiarism, this isn't tolerated at all and is severely punishable
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will not be judged.
- Do not submit old/pre-made textures.
- A rough sketch or WIP is required to prove that it is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
- Collaborations are allowed, however in this scenario prizes will be split.
- Only one submission is allowed, which also means no alts used to submit two different heads. If you're collaborating with another artist, you can only submit that head.
- Submissions must be in 512x512 or higher.
- Post watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews. It would be much appreciated if you used Toribash Textures for 3D previews.
- If you aren't using Toribash Textures, ensure to make your previews clear, show all aspects of your head and attempt to keep watermarks somewhat non-intrusive while still being effective.
- We encourage you to post frequent WIPs, just make sure in your post that it's clear what the final product is.

Four weeks after this post, the ES will judge the entries and the process begins. It could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week. Your entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

- How well the idea fits the theme
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing
- The execution of your idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artists who won / received honourable mentions. Good luck!

This month's theme is HORROR
The winners of the Previous HTotM event were as follows:

Winner: Dengue
Honourable mentions: Chab and Clint

The deadline is 31st of October, 20:00 (GMT+0)

For the record, this thread is for the submissions for this month's HTotM and not to look back at the results of last month. If you want to talk about last month discuss it in #art or somewhere else but this isn't the right place.
Any future posts that discuss previous months instead of the current submissions will be deleted and/or infracted.
Last edited by Finn; Nov 5, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
#art channel was successful boys
-----
Originally Posted by chab View Post
hopefully the ES keep in mind the criteria

make an anime head for horror and i will cut off ur blood line so u can never affect the gene pool
-----

wip 1 i hope this uploads correctly
-----
sorry but the tb forums seem to go into a perpetual loading loop every time i try to edit to add spoi-bois
Last edited by TinyGLove; Oct 14, 2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
how about you upload a normal picture to imgur and not this shitty website

good question

https://imgur.com/a/sSILKn8
Originally Posted by TinyGLove View Post
make an anime head for horror and i will cut off ur blood line so u can never affect the gene pool

something much better trust me
Originally Posted by chab View Post
hopefully the ES keep in mind the criteria

Originally Posted by Micah View Post
lol nice joke

stop sooking and make some art if you want to compete. people need to understand that not everyone on the judging panel are elite artists, and that art is voted for because judges LIKE it, not because of how much time you've spent studying and implicating a certain art style. be humble in defeat and move on.
[ES] Artist