Toribash
Original Post
Your car and you!
So yeah, I miss driving my car

What cars do you guys drive and what's your opinion of them?

I drive a 2006 Fiat Grande Punto with a 1300 CC engine and 77 bhp. It ain't the fastest car on the road but and it's sometimes scary to try to pass trucks due to the lack of acceleration but it has a surprising grip in corners. It also has a tendancy to understeer, especially if you try to break before a corner and take it at a fast speed.
i don't have the license guide and don't plan to take it soon
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
Originally Posted by bRuCiA View Post
i don't have the license guide and don't plan to take it soon

Why not? Driving is one of the best things you can do, especially when you want to relax.
Sorry but that affermation make me smile a bit.Not because it's not true in general,but because it says the exact oppost of what mean to drive in a chaotic city like Rome is(Rome it's not SO big,but i think it can compete with every occidental city talking about trafic.This depend mostly because here most of the roads are tiny and everybody left the car in the middle of them if have to stop for "few" minutes).I don't want to have a car because i think that lose 1/3 of my life blocked in the trafic is one of the worst thing i could do.
So until i can continue to live without any problems with only my scooter(and when it's really needed using the girls'/friends' car),i don't have reasons for take a license drive;above all considering that i wouldn't have a car nor the money for buy it and pay the fuel
Last edited by bRuCiA; Nov 7, 2011 at 10:53 PM.
You don't relax with city driving bro, but on the outside of them, on a loong straight or a mountain road drive. Those are just awesome. City driving is ok too sometimes, but I understand how it is to drive in a complex one. It just takes a bit of getting used to that's all.

Also I never understood why people like scooters frankly. They look terrible ;s
Rome is the second city in the world for the number of scooters.If you will come here you will notice it by yourself.Why?
Because 1-as i said the trafic is VERY scary for everyone;2-because it was founded on lot of hills and it is all climbs and descents;3-because i've forgot to say the REAL problem in Rome: the parkings;4-public service are THE shit.
It's almost impossible to find a place for park free in some zone,and with the scooter you have lot of epic advantage like: 1-you can go out from your home like 5-10 minutes before you have to go somewhere(with the car like minimum 30 minutes before);2-as soon as you reach the place where you wanted to go,you can left the scooter everywhere.
So if you live here the real question is: why a lot of people still use the car?

About the esthetic,frankly i really like some of them;)
For example this one:

But unlucky my scooter is a TOTAL SHIT:d
Last edited by bRuCiA; Nov 7, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
And also because they can drive through rain, snow, hurricanes, thunderstorms, you can have air conditioning, music, you can transport more stuff, and most importantly:

You don't die in a frontal collision at 60km/h

But yeah I guess you got a point there. Move out of Rome to a good town so you can drive!
yeah i've forgot to say the bad points;o
But i should also say that in Rome you CAN'T find: snow, hurricanes or thunderstorms(and neither tsunami or strong earthquakes). Here is "cold"(from 0 to 10) 3 months for year, and very cold(from -3 to 5) for something like 2 or 3 weeks for year.And you don't need air conditionated if you are on a scooter;p
Plus i listen the music everytime with my mp3 player=)
But you have totally right about the risk,that's why in Rome the king of the road is the scooter(except during the night): we can do almost everything we want and the cars will try to avoid the impact:P
Of course this bring to a lot of incident, i had lot of them. But the most dangerous incident in my life was with the car
Well of course it was with the car, you can't drive it! xD

Also trust me, you need air conditioning when it's so cold outside. In a car, you just turn it up and you are warm again. That would bring some good points with a girl too, and in more ways than one ( you can't do either on a scooter, hah! )

Also I found the solution to your traffic problem in Rome. You can easily drive this anywhere and I don't think that scooters will do anything near you, except run away and dodge. Parking wouldn't be a problem either, as you can simply run on top of another car, or just ram into a building and leave it there. Or if you have a minefield nearby, that would work as well and you don't have to pay parking!
Hope you don't mind invade.

Derp car

VW passat, '99, actually pretty damn cool. 1.8, 130bhp. Comfortable, quite fast ( 185km/h is my record for now, I was afraid to drive faster, yet I bet it can reach around 195km/h ) and really quiet ( I had Twingo before, god, in that damn can you couldn't hear a shit after reaching 100km/h ).
I dislike one thing, it has not damn air conditioning, which is actually a pain in arse during hot summer days ( sunroof saves the day a bit, tho ).
retired