Toribash
Original Post
Dating
Dating seems like a big thing in schools and life for young teens and adults nowadays. I've even wanted to date once. But this is an opinion I've had for quite a while now.

I've been thinking about some of the dating between the ages of 13 and younger. I can't decide whether dating around those ages is good or bad,so I choose neutral. I just want to know your opinions (If I posted in the right section of course). And please, post here if there is already a thread about this and give me a link where it is.

Good and bad reasons of dating under the age of 13:

Good Reasons: I believe that dating under the age of 13 (Or of course at the age of 13)can be necessary. It can teach us young teens what a relationship can be like, and teaches a bit of maturity. It's natural for children around the age of 11-13 to grow an greater attraction to the opposite sex. Some grow interest at a younger age.

Bad Reasons: Dating around 11-13 can also cause a few broken hearts for the ones who can't handle it. I think there are very few of these people that get broken hearted. Probably half, I'm not sure. Sometimes, it can also teach a few kids how to cheat. Around my school, a lot of the relationships ended because of either the boy's or girl's low amount of commitment to their partner, and one of them would secretly run off to another person. I've witnessed this multiple times. Or sometimes, the couple could just get bored of each other. Or one could get bored of the other and break up with him/her.

And then again, I might have no idea what I'm talking about. As said before, this is just an opinion. I've never dated, because I feel I'm not ready for a relationship. I need to become less hard on myself before I can date someone. What type of girl would want to listen to a guy hate on himself?

Point blank, I want your opinion. Dating: Good,Bad,or neutral?

I will view this post fairly often. Thank you for your patience if you read this post. ^^.
Last edited by Marrez; Sep 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Dating is good, it's a fine product of modern times. You can't live in the stone age forever where you just bash the chick in the head with your wooden club and drag her into the cave for some bum-bum.
Now to be serious, I don't think anyone should start a relationship before high school. It's pointless, it would be just a child's play. You have to be mature before starting such a thing, and sometimes that doesn't even happen in HS, judging by some of the people amongst my friends, and their ridiclously short-lived and childish relationships.
I consider myself mature, and I was looking for a girl who is at the same level as me, and luckily, I have already found the one I was looking for. It might not last for an eternity, since all relationships have problems, but I'm pretty sure it's going to last long (well, it did so far and it's been 2 years now).
Originally Posted by TamaKuu View Post
Dating seems like a big thing in schools and life for young teens and adults nowadays. I've even wanted to date once. But this is an opinion I've had for quite a while now.

You've only wanted to date once?

I've been thinking about some of the dating between the ages of 13 and younger. I can't decide whether dating around those ages is good or bad,so I choose neutral. I just want to know your opinions (If I posted in the right section of course). And please, post here if there is already a thread about this and give me a link where it is.

Good and bad reasons of dating under the age of 13:

Good Reasons: I believe that dating under the age of 13 (Or of course at the age of 13)can be necessary. It can teach us young teens what a relationship can be like, and teaches a bit of maturity. It's natural for children around the age of 11-13 to grow an greater attraction to the opposite sex. Some grow interest at a younger age.

Once you hit puberty dating should be 100% fine. When your young, your still quite naive. I don't see it being anything serious, which would make childhood more fun. Because, lets face it, when your a kid you are like always hanging out with your best friend. Its basically having a girl best friend when your that young.

Bad Reasons: Dating around 11-13 can also cause a few broken hearts for the ones who can't handle it. I think there are very few of these people that get broken hearted. Probably half, I'm not sure.

I just disagree 100%. You're too young. Imagine when you were that young and you wanted to go to the carnival but couldn't. And it seemed like the end of the world. A week later you were over it. That is about how much pain you would feel I believe.

Sometimes, it can also teach a few kids how to cheat. Around my school, a lot of the relationships ended because of either the boy's or girl's low amount of commitment to their partner, and one of them would secretly run off to another person. I've witnessed this multiple times. Or sometimes, the couple could just get bored of each other. Or one could get bored of the other and break up with him/her.

Welcome to the real world kids. They know how to cheat already, when I was that young I knew how to cheat and get away with just about everything in school. Of course it'll transfer over. Every kid knows how to cheat, but when your young and have urges, you don't have the self-control to stop yourself.

And then again, I might have no idea what I'm talking about. As said before, this is just an opinion. I've never dated, because I feel I'm not ready for a relationship. I need to become less hard on myself before I can date someone. What type of girl would want to listen to a guy hate on himself?

Point blank, I want your opinion. Dating: Good,Bad,or neutral?

I will view this post fairly often. Thank you for your patience if you read this post. ^^.

Check bold.

Lastly. Yes you should date. It's going to happen eventually, and its much better to start early and get used to talking to girls then grow up and be socially awkward.

I'm sure I could've wrote more, but I think you can sum up my opinion.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

I don't think dating is really right while growing up/still in school. It takes over a lot of your personal time(for those who have them, or did have them, you know what I mean). It's really most of the time about them. Or, so I've seen. More so for the girls, than guys. Guys are usually the ones who give up there time to spend with the girl, whether it be hanging out with there friends, and not yours, or taking you away from yours to be alone with her. But, I have seen it the other way around, very seldom, but I've seen it. It influences who you are, and what you do to impress that special someone, it can take your mind off your priorities, such as work, school, homework from school.
Just not the best idea for high school. But, sure having girlfriends are cool, and kissing is "hot" these days, but you don't really need it. Having female friends in til high school is over, would be one of the more smart idea's. But, sometimes it works out. And your more apt, to stay with a girl after high school is finished, than while still in high school. Average dating in high school ranges from 5 months to a 1.5 years.
But, these are all opinions.
This completely depends on the individual. I'd LIKE to say that as long as you've hit puberty you should be able to date, but there are plenty of stupid, un-committed people out there.

To set a black-and-white dating period is stupid, because, as previously stated, it depends on the person. I saw plenty of relationships start and break down in middle school, including one of my own, but at the same time, my friend Julian and his girlfriend have been dating from 6th-10th grade, and are still going strong.

This is way too variable a situation to set in stone.
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah
@ May0naise

I see your point there, but it doesn't really apply to a lot of people.Just 75% of them. Indeed they will get over it, but sometimes it scars them. Leaves a mark. They may change in a way you can't recognize or they may just get depression. But I believe your opinion. just not entirely.

@Ynvaser

I agree.
-----
@May0naise Maybe not 75%....maybe like 80-90% :I.
Last edited by Marrez; Sep 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I don't see how you could ever be emotionally scarred by a relationship. You will not be in love with that person(when you're that young). I'm 18 and doubt I could actually love someone right now. If you were actually in love, yes you could be. But when its just infatuation, sure you may be depressed for about a week, but its not hard to get over, and will not scar you for life.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

i am 13 and i have dated a girl once, evdiently we broke up and we're still good friends, if not really good friends and honestly im a lot less nervous and awkward around girls.
yes drama does happen and can lead to a few days of sadness but you will get over it and you will meet new people, in my opinion breaking up=experience.
Check out my youtube by clicking HERE!
Originally Posted by grrmoo View Post
i am 13 and i have dated a girl once, evdiently we broke up and we're still good friends, if not really good friends and honestly im a lot less nervous and awkward around girls.
yes drama does happen and can lead to a few days of sadness but you will get over it and you will meet new people, in my opinion breaking up=experience.

I agree w/you completely I am young too I agree with you I like someone. My friend who is in 6th grade has been in a relationship for 2 years and they have their ups and downs but still make it through. I say it is good.
[REBELLION] BABY LEARN TO LOVE IT http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?p=4787904#post4787904
YEP IKR.
Hmm....I see....Well that's good. No illogical comments or opinions. Thanks guys ^^.

@grrmoo
I agree with you break up=experience idea. Cause in a way, it does give you experience. Later on you'll get a wife and know a bit more about having a relationship.