Toribash
Original Post
People keep entering my private server?
Hi there!

I'd like to play Toribash privately against two of my friends. Without spectators, please. For that reason, I created a Server and made it private, trying both entering "/passwd (password)" and choosing a password upon creating a game. We are three people, but since the minimal number of connections is 4, I had to go with that.

My problem is that people keep connecting the game (and sometimes chatting). How is this possible? One person told me something about being an OP and wanting to stay in because they want TC so bad etc. I hope that's not a thing. It IS not a thing, right?

What can I do against this? I just want to play a goddamn game without any strangers watching me.

Sorry for being that upset, but I find it pretty frustrating to not be able to play because I constantly have to kick people.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
when u make a server and set a password with /passwd
people can join and watch but are not able to chat. so u should not worry about them, because they will probably leave from alone after a time...
there is nothing more u can do..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
try typing /maxclients 4
and type /passwd <Name>
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
Originally Posted by 30001068
try typing /maxclients 4
and type /passwd <Name>

Yeah, I've tried this, but people still entered the room.

Originally Posted by BlubKill
when u make a server and set a password with /passwd
people can join and watch but are not able to chat. so u should not worry about them, because they will probably leave from alone after a time...
there is nothing more u can do..

Is that true? One of the people who entered became part of the queue, though. He kept begging me to stay so he could earn TC... Which is weird because you don't earn TC in private rooms as far as I know, right?

Also, do I need to set a room owner password so people can't make themselves owners or something like that? What is the default for a room owner password?
no u cant earn tc in private rooms.
and maybe ur friends told him the password so he could join.

if u got a password u get put in spectator on join, and only can communicate with whisper chat. u need to make /pass command to join into the server.
there is no room owner password until u set one. and no u cant make yourself in a random room to an owner.
means if u dont set one, no one can make himself to an OP without your permission.(he would need the password for it anyways.)

so i think u didnt set the password correctly so he could join.

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
maybe ur friends told him the password so he could join.

I doubt that's the case, because my friends were physically present - as in 'I even saw their screens.' ^^

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
if u got a password u get put in spectator on join, and only can communicate with whisper chat. u need to make /pass command to join into the server.
there is no room owner password until u set one. and no u cant make yourself in a random room to an owner.
means if u dont set one, no one can make himself to an OP without your permission.(he would need the password for it anyways.)

so i think u didnt set the password correctly so he could join.

Hm, I thought I did it correctly. Just to confirm, I need to:
  1. Choose 'Multiplayer' from the main menu.
  2. Click 'Create Room'
  3. Enter room name and start
  4. Type '/passwd (password)'

Right? I'm pretty sure that's the way I did it, but I'll try again later and see where that gets me.
if you really don't like people joining your server, I think you can play with other people via ip? Not sure if I'm right or if it does work.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Eric3 View Post

Hm, I thought I did it correctly. Just to confirm, I need to:
  1. Choose 'Multiplayer' from the main menu.
  2. Click 'Create Room'
  3. Enter room name and start
  4. Type '/passwd (password)'

Right? I'm pretty sure that's the way I did it, but I'll try again later and see where that gets me.

yep it works the way.
the only possibilty to join the server then is being an admin/smod/gm or having the password.
im pretty sure that noone of the 3 called staff´s will join your server without a good reason.. so only people with a password should be able to chat etc.