Ranking
Original Post
How do you guys feel about Apple Music’s top 100 list?
there were a LOT of bogus picks that I simply just don’t understand why or how they made it

like choosing a taylor swift record (which isn’t even her best album) over much better pop records like homogenic, hounds of love, sign ☮ the times, ziggy stardust, and revolver is insanity

there are also a lot of key picks missing that I doubt will crack the top 10 like madvillainy, long season, symbolic, (the glow, pt 2.), and toxicity, among many, many others

I understand that commercial success is a contributing factor, but in that case it’s wild that we’ve yet to see nirvana, black sabbath, or king crimson

idk, to me this list is just awful
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
I've always had a very mixed feeling about these lists of the best songs, albums, films, series, whatever. These are very subjective questions, These lists only reflect the opinions of a very small fraction of very specific people. Of course, the list have its positive points such as diversity and to promote the discovery of new songs and artists for some people, but obviously it must be viewed critically and just as one opinion among many.

I particularly didn't like the choice of some albums on the list, and I honestly don't understand what kind of criteria was used to make such a long list, but maybe the top 10 is good enough to take this list seriously
R.I.P Static
the top 10 will probably have fairly conventional picks like kendrick, stevie wonder and michael jackson, but apple music has thrown me for several loops so i suppose anything could happen

and yeah, I am very interested to see what the criteria is for some of these choices are, or if it was just intuitively picked by several critics
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal