Toribash
Original Post
I think it's good for a first dismember replay...
ok It's my first dismember replay lol
Please do not be so harsh with me...
Attached Files
Age of Muffin.rpl (304.9 KB, 55 views)
Ok where do I start.

At your skill level, I suggest starting with an opener that gets you to uke.

Also, try not to be so twitchy with your wrists. Like at 459. Don't repeatedly grab just to get points. It looks twitchy and weird. Only grab to get uke closer to you or vice versa.

Lastly, don't be twitchy at all. To avoid this, don't move a joint one way and instantly counteract the movement afterwards (like Extending your knee then contracting it a couple frames later). Another way to avoid this is to relax joints more often. This creates your movements to be more smoother.

Overall, it's a start at reply making so keep practicing!
Well, it's a good start.

Try to do realistic moves instead of contracting and extending your joints randomly just to get to uke. In openers, try to get momentum as much as you can. That means, pushing the ground with your feet to jump to uke or whatever.

Also, when you are going to hit uke, try to do DMs. If you don't DM the first try, do it again. Again and again. You are missing some nice moves.

But hey, as I said, it's a good start. Just keep practicing and you'll get better.
hampa Moderated Message:
q dice illo
replay maker kinda
this is just me but people who cnc (comment and criticize if you dont know what it means) replaymakers that literally just started like that^ are conditioning his style from very early on. the above posts consist mostly of "dont twitch dont do weird movements dont do out of the norm stuff". the replaymaker will follow the tips that you gave him (which are incredibly general and not situational) because he just began making replays and is looking to improve, and will end up with a very generic and vulgar style. if he continues doing what he enjoys instead of what the "average replay" looks like he will eventually improve his unorthodox style and end up something super unique.

the only tips i would dare give at the point would be very vague stuff (i was never one that thought there was any truly "perfect" cnc because replays are like art), like for more rotation try to first move your whole body to one side (extend left pec, rotate chest left and contract right pec for example) and then reverse it all (contract left pec, rotate chest right and extend right pec). things like that are good for understanding how joints work together. relaxing joints you are not using is also often useful for getting a bit more speed and momentum behind your movements.

i think the replay is nice for a start. definitely some acrobatic stuff before the dms. also, that skeet impressed me for your experience, very nice. keep having fun with the game, dont try to focus too much developing your style... that necessity will come naturally. it angers me a bit how conditioned the evolution of replaymakers is in toribash due to the cnc which is almost always the same nowadays.
Last edited by pusga; May 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Xaeon View Post
Try to do realistic moves instead of contracting and extending your joints randomly just to get to uke.

That's some pretty poor advice. What defines "realism" and why do people think that it's a norm for all replay makers nowadays?

Muffin, I'd suggest by starting to explore all the possible ways to build momentum. You'll find that when making dismemberment replays momentum and speed are two of the most important factors, regardless of what your movement looks like. Like pusga said, your style will develop with time. You clearly have a knack for this sort of thing so just work on smoothing things out and playing around with different settings. One thing that helped me was to find a replay from a replay-maker that I thought was good and then analyze that replay using shift-p to move frame by frame. Look for the little tricks that people use to build speed and move around efficiently. Hopefully this helps a bit
ORMO|Retired