Ranking
Original Post
[Head] Robotish - Possible Set
Should I make it a set?
I'm most likely going to start making textures in a style more like this now,
because I found that it's really easy, simple, and yet still effective. As I make
more and more of this style, I'll probably use more details and defined shapes
rather than abstract shapes like this head. Please don't comment on that little
transparent part at the top. I don't know what happened; when I tried to fix it,
it would just stay transparent though, so idk.

C&C.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
the eyes hurt my brain with their out-of-placeness :<
i think a total rework of those are in order. somthing more flowy and curvy. also using a similar shading style that you used for the rest of the head.
would also look nicer if moved them into the open space rather than had them coming out from under the mouth/nose piece

that radio glow underneath is a blurred layer or 2 amirite? i do it the same way.
i think the glow is a bit too strong, may wanna tone that down a bit.

liking the shading attempt, works nicely.

think you can add a bit of a ridge line down the middle of the mouth piece, like the kinda thing oyster/alpha used on the war head

the design in general is a bit lacking, but the suggestions with the eyes could fix that up a bit. you'll get better with experience though
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
that radio glow underneath is a blurred layer or 2 amirite? i do it the same way.
i think the glow is a bit too strong, may wanna tone that down a bit.

For the eyes, dooped layer and gaussian blur like 17 or something; I just held
the arrow down for a few seconds. For the 'plates' if you can even call them
that, it was actually radioactive colored dropshadow. I have a thing for colored
dropshadows.

Thanks for the C&C, but you never answered the main question at the top: Should I make a set for this?

also had a thing for coloured drop shadows at one stage, everything has its place, and they fit in here, so thats all good

the head is usually the selling point for a good set, but the head as it is now, isnt strong enough to warrant a full set.

but depending on if you work on the head and make some changes, and they work out, then a full set would be awesome

but you could work on a full set for practice and come back to the head later, its not for a request, so theres no pressure on how long you take on it
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Yeah, I think I'll start the set for practice and come back to the head later.

I guess I'll just spam these plate things with radioactive drop shadow and hope it flows in the end?

Reminds me of this guy

Even though you have glow lines to insinuate that there are layers of the head, it still feels really flat from all the contradictive shading. for example you have shading to dark in an area where it should be to light.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
Well, I suggest working on the eyes and more effects to those lines , looks just like outer glow.Pretty simple.Just fix the eyes and you might have something going, also add more detail to the bottom of it.
First, get rid of the random line up to top. What you could do if it's not going away (how odd) is save it all as a flattened .png. Reopen after closing out, then fixes that slit in the flat layer. What usually causes stuff like that for me is imprecise mirroring just being a pixel off or something. Hmmm

The glowing edges should make it feel more layered, but none of the shading on your panels help back that up. Just get lighter as you approachthe edges. Maybe work with smaller panels so it is easier to keep your shading consistent in the panel?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
The glowing edges should make it feel more layered, but none of the shading on your panels help back that up. Just get lighter as you approachthe edges.

I actually realized that after I made the head, which is why while I was making
the legs, I tried to make the shading more planned rather than just making black
areas and white areas. Here are the legs + feet. Bad screenshot, but I'm having
some computer lagging issues so I just want you guys to get a feel of what
track I'm on. I'll preview it properly with shaders and reflections and coolpose
once I'm done with the set.

Edit: Tinypic funked up the quality of the preview, so yeah.

Originally Posted by Varkenoss View Post
I actually realized that after I made the head, which is why while I was making
the legs, I tried to make the shading more planned rather than just making black
areas and white areas. Here are the legs + feet. Bad screenshot, but I'm having
some computer lagging issues so I just want you guys to get a feel of what
track I'm on. I'll preview it properly with shaders and reflections and coolpose
once I'm done with the set.

Edit: Tinypic funked up the quality of the preview, so yeah.

Erm, add other details other than outer glow and stuff.Using that makes it look really basic.Do some custom shading and glows.