Ranking
Original Post
Wolf's guide on how to make money on toribash.
In this here guide, i will teach you some of the ways to make TC without being an idiot and PM'ing the mods/admins asking for money. Because that doesn't work at all. >_>
But now you ask me, "who the hell are you and why should i listen to you?"
Well, i'm fairly known among the forums, and i decided to make this guide because myself, WolfBR, currently own a good amount of tcs and these items.

But, i have all these things by only wasting five dollars on 45k tc. And you can make your tc grow too!

Many people might already know these basical steps/tips, but i'm making this guide for the new members who wonder how they can earn tc in a honest way.

Here we go!

NUMBER ONE: SELL ART.
Do you have the designing abilities? Then the most obvious way to earn TC is by selling your creations to people here on the forums, making your customers signatures, avatars, textures, etc. Make good prices/art projects and you're done. Simple, hm? To make toribash textures, check the texture templates here.
Personally, i did not make use of this manner to make my money grow, because i'm not an artist. But, w/e.

NUMBER TWO: CREATE A SHOP.
This can be done by anyone, but if you want your shop to become sucessful, you'll need time and patience.
To start making money via a YOUshop at the market, you'll need money/items to begin. Assuming that you're a new member, you have few items and tc at the moment. So you'll have to go play some games, and win 4k at least. Now you say "hey, it's hard to reach the mark of 4k by earning only 10 tc per win!!" I know. That's why you have friends. Start posting on the forums and making friends here, and get someone to loan you some tc. It's quite risky, but if you do it all right, you'll get yourself a sucessful shop, and will be able to pay your friend back in some days/weeks.
Starting your business: The basics of making money from a shop is, "buy for a lower price, sell for a higher price." So you'll have to look around the forums and find some bargains. When you find the bargain, buy it and sell it for a higher price. Deal finder is your BEST FRIEND here. Search for the items there, and try to buy things for the CHEAPEST PRICE POSSIBLE, so that even when you increase the price, you'll be selling it for the cheapest price in the market. Keep doing this, and your shop will soon be well-known, and people will start to visit your shop more often, knowing that they will find good prices there.
It takes some time, i know. But if you want to fill it in with MORE items, you'll need to negociate with your friends.
When your shop gets popular, you'll be able to get something out of that popularity. HOW?
Talk with some of your toribash friends. Show them your shop and they'll see the number of items it has sold, and the amount of tc earned by it. It's also a good idea to thumb up your shop everyday. It gives your friends a good impression too.
So, when they see your shop is sucessful, you can make a deal with them. They give you their items, and you sell it at your shop. Then give your friend X% of the price paid on the item, and stay with Y%. I did that with some of my friends, and it actually worked. My shop is, today, my main source of TC.
Extra tip:
-Deal finder is not always the better way to find bargains. Check the market board and go talk to some people on IRC.

NUMBER THREE: BE A SKILLED PLAYER IN-GAME.
Yes. How did you expect to win toribash money without even playing the game itself? That is not possible. But this is one of the most obvious ways of earning money too.
Here's what you can do:
-Wagering/Dueling. Bet tc with people and duel them. If you win, you get the tc. If you lose, you give the person the tc. Risky choice, but could work if you're skilled enough.
-Participating in tourneys. Y'know that promobot that ocasionally show up while you're fighting in-game? Well they ususally pop in to tell people that a tourney will start. When he says a room name(i. e. "traintourney, blaktourney, etc), type /jo <roomname> and you will be directed to the event. Kick everyone's ass and climb your way to the first place!!

NUMBER FOUR: CHECK THE EVENTS BOARD.
That's right! There are tons of opportunities there. Replay, art, or video competitions. There's always something happening. Click here and see for yourself.

So that's it. I hope you liked it. Post here if you have anymore questions.

Last edited by WolfBR; May 29, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
Umm.. this is a quiete easy tutorial. Mainly common sense here. I never did those things except for the skilled player thing. I turned out to become a millionaire. Maybe if you can do these options as well, and earn more than 15k, maybe people will actually follow this tutorial.

Rating: 7/10
making money ingame is usually a waste of time. another great way is to make exclusive clubs and charge entry fees.
sounds skinky but if you call it "millionairs hangout" then chances are you can make some big mullah.
or to sum it all up:

win non-player made games
win tournies
create a shop
sell art

you also forgot to add bounties, booters, and stealing :3

if you already said that then sorry, i just read the title cuz im tired.

but you did put alot of effort into this, soo...A for effort!
Last edited by PyroPivot; May 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: A for effort
Originally Posted by Churr0 View Post
awesome! it helped me

And i'm very pleased to hear that, sir.
I am don't understand, how i can sell my own textures in torishop. But tutorial not bad.