Ranking
Original Post
[STEM]Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics

STEM is the acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. It is a program in the USA made for giving resources to educators and students alike to learn about the fastest moving areas of society. I am taking the name and making it into an organization on the forums here. Basically it is general STEM discussion. IRC access is a REQUIREMENT. The topic will be the current discussion topic, feel free to join in, but obey the rules.

~Applying~

Application

IRC access?:
What are you interested in (be specific)?:
Members
Jimbobwe
Rayleigh
Redundant
Uric

Satiknee
hkp326
Pedant

thenamelessone
Sirkill
Dalliance
Tapion

Green - aop, sop, owner
Grey - halfop
Magenta - voice

~News~
1) New format
2) New members

~Announcements~

~Bank~

Since I lack TC, I will be the bank for the organization!

Current funds: 1,245 TC

Donors:
-Jimbobwe: 1,245 TC

~Rules~
1. Do not spam.
2. Do not chat casually during a discussion.
3. Make sure you can back up claims with sources other than wikipedia.
4. Conduct yourself in a mature manner.
5. Don't join in on a discussion if you aren't sure what it's about.
6. Mark hypothetic arguments as what they are, hypothetic.

PM me for any questions.

IRC Channel: #STEM
Wiki

Last edited by Jimbobwe; Apr 4, 2011 at 05:35 AM.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
TEACHER APPLICATION

GMT: -6

What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 4): Science, mathematics

IRC access?: Yes

College level biology and general zoology for science. Pre-algebra and below for mathematics.
Awesome, added you for bio and pre-algebra. We can talk more later once I get on IRC.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
GMT: -9
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2): I would have to say just math.
What classes do you offer: As of now, only Algebra 1. When I develop my skills in technology and programming, I will say.
#Magnus - #Sigma
GMT: -4
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2): Technology and Science.
IRC access?: Yeah.
What classes can you offer?: Right now, Technology I'll teach programming and web page designing. And for science college chemistry. And high school Geometry.
GMT:+12
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2):Science, Mathematics (stats)
IRC access?:Very regular.
What classes can you offer?:Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics and Modeling. (at what ever level 7th form is)
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
Originally Posted by thenamelessone View Post
GMT: -9
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2): I would have to say just math.
What classes do you offer: As of now, only Algebra 1. When I develop my skills in technology and programming, I will say.

Eh, can only cover one class. If I may vote so...

Apathy

Originally Posted by hkp326 View Post
GMT: -4
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2): Technology and Science.
IRC access?: Yeah.
What classes can you offer?: Right now, Technology I'll teach programming and web page designing. And for science college chemistry. And high school Geometry.

4.0 GPA according to him. Plus I can confirm he's pretty smart.

Yes

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
GMT:+12
What areas are you most knowledgeable in? (up to 2):Science, Mathematics (stats)
IRC access?:Very regular.
What classes can you offer?:Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics and Modeling. (at what ever level 7th form is)

Cool guy. Trusted. Can cover a lot of areas.

Yes
May I ask what is wrong with only covering one area? This will allow me to devote all my effort towards one thing, and I will be able to teach more effectively. That is my opinion, however, and should be accepted as such. Although if needed, I can also teach 9th grade integrated science. I just thought that having one field of expertise allowed me to accept more students in that area. I will modify my app with this info if needed.
#Magnus - #Sigma
i want to be a student

GMT: +7
What do you wan to be taught: Math and technology (programming basic)