Ranking
Original Post
Rap/Hip hop thease days
I'm not sure if there is thread like this, but wanted say that mostly new school rappers rap about same stuff: hoes,parties and how fly they are. I myself was pretty much new school fan, but after some time noticed that most of new school rappers rap about same topics only their style is different.Old school stuff hooked me up like Cypress hill material, because it really catches you up whit lyrical talent, not only with beats. This is only my opinnion.
I think that you are 100% right and i agree with absolutely everything you said BUT i still think eminem is cool.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by PurpleOnes View Post
(...) but after some time noticed that most of new school rappers rap about same topics only their style is different.

Not even that. Copying styles all the time... Its as unoriginal as it gets. But I mean the Mainstream scene. Of course there are a lot of new school underground rap that is original, has content and decent lyricism.

btw this thread is meant for people to post good stuff: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=78267
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
The raps these days have morphed and evolved quite a bit. The simple old style rap has been replaced with some kind of complex computer made rhythm. Also the music videos are kinda, mmmm, it's more about the choreography and special effects than the music.
yep, ur right PrupleOnes, but in my opinion there are some 'newschool rappers' in the underground (i can only speak for germany) who differ from all the rest and got alot of lyrical talent.
but exept those few underground-talents, ur right.
Well I was ofc talking about mainstream , ofc there are good ungderground rappers. I'm not sure about lyrical talent but Sido was pretty cool.
oh yes, sido was and is still pretty cool. especially because he is the only hiphop artist i know, who really made an progress. first he was a rapper from a ghetto, but now he becomes a star. but he still knows where his roots are.

ok, back to topic: ur right with saying that the 'mainstream' hip hop got all the same. except a few like eminem or sum, who still got talent ;)