Ranking
Original Post
Can you buy happiness? WARNING IMAGE HEAVY
Please take a moment to examine the following pictures:

Enough examples - now before anyone decides to interpret this thread incorrectly, I am NOT condemning charities with this thread.

I prefer to keep a Socratics approach to explaining new ideas - but I can spell it out for you who're having trouble with what I'm trying to say here.

Discuss.
Last edited by Deprived_OLD; May 15, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
No, you can't buy happiness. If you are talking about what i think you are, money can actually potentially ruin your life. If you get everything you want, whenever you want it, it wont be as good. lets say you want a new computer, you save up for it for months and months, once you get it, you seem alot happier because you get a sence of accomplishment, not like you wuld if you can just get it immediatly.

as kt700 said, those pictures are saving lives, like the red cross
Last edited by Jetsnix; May 15, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
But, is your money not making these people happy, by keeping them alive?

I believe, to a certain extent, you can buy happiness,
The people in africa, who receive medical aid from us, the people in the thai tsunami who recieved aid from us are all happy, and it was our money that did that.

Like jetsnix said though, moeny can potetially ruin lifes aswel, with greed etc.
According to Utilitarianism, money is simply a means to obtaining happiness, happiness being the ultimate goal.

However, during this process, money can turn into an end result as well, so in that sense, you could say that money=happiness.
beep
Originally Posted by kt700 View Post
This isn't buying happiness, this is saving lives.

Saving lives doesn't only mean just saving lives for a being who's mind is rather advanced.
Last edited by Deprived_OLD; May 15, 2010 at 04:14 PM.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'

If my life was saved, I sure would be happy.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Money can buy you short-term contentment, which you will enjoy and benefit from for a short period of time. For example, buying a new video game or sports car will keep you entertained and quench one particular desire in your life. However, this will not last for ever, and you will always be wanting more. Money can make you feel content, but you can never be truly happy. it is impossible to be completely happy with your life, in my opinion.

Having said that, i just bought toriprime, and now I'm pretty happy
Quit, probably.
Sure you can, you can buy things that make you happy.
the god

Does saving a life necessarily benefit the life saved?
He's not "Suicide Do" if he's not banned!