Ranking
Original Post
Those who know about computers!
I'm getting a new computer quite soon, and I asked a "friend" of mine, though
sometimes he cannot be trusted, parts for my new computer.
He gave me a list of good parts and here they are:

Msi k9n Neo-f motherboard,

AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ (AM2) Boxed <--- I guess this is called the processor?

4 Gb DDR2 800Mhz Internal memory Or WHATEVER ITS CALLED! Suomeksi keskusmuisti.

GeForce 8800 GT 512mb video card Or something.....

500GB of disk space

600 W energy source

I don't understand much of this code language, and it was weird to translate from finnish to english for once. So Here is the question:

Will this computer run the latest games on high, like he said?
Also, will TB shaders work on this?

Thanks for the posts, theyre really helping me out! But whats wrong with the AMD/Msi processor?
Should I change them to something else?
Last edited by Random_old; Jan 1, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
<IcyPants>Random must Make Out With veb!
<IcyPants>hampa_zzz must French Kiss xFlame!
<IcyPants>Bastarf-Slith must French Kiss Blam!
<IcyPants>Bastarf-Slith must Kiss Zaa_COD4!

Shaders should work at constant 60fps, basically the same setup as me.
You might want some more power though, although 600 probably is enough im not sure.
:D
Im in computer maintenece, so...
good motherboard = faster computer
a meh CPU
WAY enough memory = less lag
shader capable
HUGE hard drive
adequate power supply = less crashes

all in all, this computer pwns the crap out of mine. you are one lucky person to get this awesome computer. it SHOULD be able to run pretty much anything you want it to. the only thing that concerns me is the AMD processor/motherboard
<insert (something) here>
Wow... nice computer your getting, can't believe he would give it away!
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Shaders should work at constant 60fps, basically the same setup as me.
You might want some more power though, although 600 probably is enough im not sure.

I believe the 8800 GT used low power (not 100% sure) so 600 watt should be enough.

As for these parts they CAN run high-end games AT THIS MOMENT, but hardware changes all the time. Rest guaranteed, you will probably be able to play high end games for at least 6 months.

Only thing you need to watch out with is the price, if you buy from the wrong places, you might end up paying thousands for stuff that's worth only 700 euros.

For a COMPLETE new computer (Excluding Monitor and keyboard & mouse) you only need 700 euros.

And that gives you those & better parts lol.

Oh yeah, with 4 GB ram you'll want to use Windows Vista. (Windows XP doesn't really like high amounts of ram lol)
Last edited by 0mega; Jan 1, 2008 at 04:47 PM.
To be safe, get a higher wattage power supply. 800 watts would be fine. Also, you can have over 3 gb of ram on XP if you install the 64 bit edition, but if you have a DX10 card, you should use Vista regardless.

Hope I could help! Also, if you're inexperienced, make sure you or your friend really knows what he's doing before you let him put together your 1000 dollar computer build.
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Also, you can have over 3 gb of ram on XP if you install the 64 bit edition, but if you have a DX10 card, you should use Vista regardless.

Unless support has GREATLY been improved, I'd not really suggest using 64 bit XP lol.
AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ (AM2) Boxed

You're gonna have to install this manually.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
nice computer you beat mine 700Mhz and 120mo ram...
( > i - i )>「デジカメでポン」<(0_O<)