Ranking
Original Post
[Tex] cartoon masked{?) human

as you can see this is still a wip.
I watch some youtube video on how to shade on GIMP, so if you have any advice or you know a good tutorial for shading i'd appreciate it.

Give me an idea what should i add and what should i improve

Program: GIMP
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
I'd say never use the paint bucket tool. Instead of that, make a layer under the lines layer and paint it with the color you want (using the brush tool)
The lines are zig zagy. You should try to improve that. Also, you can also add a mirror if it is going to be a helmet type thing.
Originally Posted by Fluxorious View Post
Will you make the Lines smooth or are they going to stay like that?

i will make the line smooth at the end..

Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'd say never use the paint bucket tool. Instead of that, make a layer under the lines layer and paint it with the color you want (using the brush tool)

hmm.. is there any difference on coloring with paint bucket tool with brush tool?

Originally Posted by Kwing714 View Post
The lines are zig zagy. You should try to improve that. Also, you can also add a mirror if it is going to be a helmet type thing.

mirror is bit tempting but, what i am aiming is not a helmet, it is a mask.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
in filling the layer under the lines with color then no, there wont be a difference. If you're gonna use the paint bucket tool on the same layer the lines are on, then yes, there would be a difference, since the paint bucket will leave these ugly white lines.
also, I can see how messy your lines look. If you're using a mouse I'd strongly recommend using lazy nezumi pro to make smoother lines.