Ranking
Original Post
Advice needed-Discussion
Guys i need moral help,
I need to work on quitting but its not working, i want a cigarette constantly and nothing seems to work.
It started when my JROTC Drill Instructor Got in a car accident, the stress is ripping me apart, and i don't know what else i can do.
Its weird, how i can care for someone who's made me run mile after mile, PT session after PT session, but he's been by my side since i was &, hes a family friend.
My friends that i can talk to in real life don't want to hear me bitch and moan about it so i thought i would ask for some anonymous help.
Im not asking you to walk with me and listen to me complain, i just need alternatives, what should i do?
I cant handle this much stress without relief, i wont be able to take this much longer, Please, Just give me some advice,
Peace,

Frisbee
Last edited by Frisbee; Dec 11, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Proud co-leader of [iCoF]
OLDA Moderated Message:
***OLDA***
I really don't think the Toribash community is the best place to look for help, have you checked out if your local government has any programmes to help you with this kind of problem?
No sir,
I've only posted here as a 5th Plea,
ive invested time in locking up my cigarettes and giving my brother the keys,
However, i just was looking for anonymous advice, feel free to close the thread if you must
OLDA Moderated Message:
***OLDA***
Oh, thank you kindly
ill look into it
OLDA Moderated Message:
***OLDA***
Govt. probably won't have any local programs, but if they do, you should definitely try and make yourself aware of them. However, you'll probably be better off looking for nonprofits in your region that provide counseling for cigarette addictions.
But since it's been brought up, here's this handy directory of govt-endorsed tools to help you quit: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smok...quit/index.htm

You'll probably find that any response from the toribash community NOT based on personal experience will be the speculations of tweens spouting factoids grabbed from wikipedia articles. Since this is such a serious issue, it would be in your best interests to completely ignore them.

However, I can tell you from my own family's experiences (two people quit smoking, a third quit cigars) that it's best to quit gradually, with the support of those around you. If your friends don't want to hear you bitch and moan, grab some better friends, smoking can easily wind up being fatal and they should be encouraging you at every opportunity.

Still, you're best off actually talking to an expert, not me or really anyone else here. I believe most of the links in the resource I have provided allow you to do this without cost. I highly recommend that you do so.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Im working on stopping/cutting down on smoking atm.
i smoke hubbly/shisha/hookah/water pipe, and they say that because of the volume of smoke and carbon monoxide from the coal, its worse than cigarettes.
was on about 4 or 5 a day atleast after work hours, exluding weekends and social. now im sticking to 3 and determined to get it down to 2 a day, excluding weekends and social.
which, that being said, may be stupid seeing as summer holidays are up in a week.

make a decision about how you going to go about it and stick to it, the options are fairly straight forward. get rid of the cigarettes, dont lock them up, dont tempt yourself. stay away from other smokers and keep busy, keep yourself from thinking about it too much.

doing workouts or sport helps if you need a release.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Thank you very much for your time Guys.
Boredpayne: I've looked into that website and its kind of daunting but ill keep on it.
BenDover: Yeah, im down to 2 a day aswell,being as i only smoke cigarettes, its hard to stay away from other smokers when your a senior and it seems every one of your peers is old enough to smoke.
But ill be damned if i don't try,as to throwing out my cigarettes....well, I'll try.
Thanks mate
OLDA Moderated Message:
***OLDA***
i really didn't understood what is your problem, cigs addiction?
if so, i highly recommend you electronic cigarette or e-cig
i've been smoking it for 5 or 6 months
there is e-cig forum but it can be too complicated for beginner so if u have anymore q's i will be glad to give some advice