Toribash
Original Post
What kind of laptop should I get.....?
Well give some options of laptops (gaming) I should get for my birth-day.
Gaming laptops are very overpriced.

If you buy a desktop then you will get roughly double the performance at the same price.

If you must get a gaming laptop then steer away from;
Alienware - stupidly overpriced
ASUS - terrible build quality and customer service
Dell - I know I already said Alienware is overpriced, but so is most of everything Dell makes

Perhaps a Clevo?
Honestly, you should just stay away from any type of name-brand computer. If you are on a budget or you are into this sort of stuff, I really recommend building your own desktop. If you are solely set on getting a laptop, be aware it will be a bit more expensive and you won't be able to build it yourself. I've been having a blast these last few months trying to build mine, but that's really just my opinion.

If you don't like building computers OR you do end up just getting a laptop, search around on http://www.iBuyPower.com and http://www.Newegg.com and see if anything interests you.

Unless you are going to college within a year, I'd just stick with a desktop for now.
My personal experiences:

Qosmio. It's basically a nuclear hot paper weight, which weighs slightly short of 30 pounds. One hell of a gaming computer if you can afford cloning your harddrive onto a new one monthly/a ssd drive with ~500gb on it.

Alienware laptops are also similarly godawful. Their performance degrades quickly, in 6 months or so. Last one I had became a paperweight rather fast. Not as much trouble with overheating as the qosmio.

I suggest you stay away from Acer, as well, unless you're looking at the really high end stuff. The medium tier/low tier Acer laptops somehow always manage to turn into flaming piles of shit the day after the warranty expires.

Gateway is just a NO. Awful. Absolutely awful.

I hate dell with a passion personally, because of how shitty and generic everything they make tends to be.

Eh, now that I think about it, i've personally had problems with roughly every name brand laptop.

If you treat your laptop right, it'll last. I suggest a Qosmio with a SSD drive, but, you really have to maintain the cooling for it to live long. Get the dust out of it bi-weekly/monthly for the best performance.
Hoss.
Opinion on Clevo, Hyde?

I have a Lenovo, Acer, Qosmio and an ASUS. The only one I have ever had any kind of problems with is the ASUS, which cost a ton more than the others...

Sidenote: Lenovo are pretty great in terms of budget laptops/netbooks.