Toribash
Original Post
Enviromental Effects
Today I want us to talk about Enviromental Effects. Specifically what we can do to stop these harmful effects. But I would like us to talk in detail about which harmful effects can be prevented by doing what specifically. No misinformation please and at least try to research enough to be able to contribute fairly to the discussion before posting. Always remember that Google is your friend. Information is only one search away. I'll start us off with preventing waste from plastic bags. In the North Pacific there is a giant gyre(read: vortex) full of trash in which a high amount is waste from plastic bags. It is referred to as the Pacific trash vortex. This is what waste from plastic bags can do and to prevent it all we need to do is use Eco-Bags. A simple every day task. Just bring a few in trunk of your car. Together we can contribute. Let's continue with the discussion. What else do you guys think we should talk about?
Last edited by Merc; Mar 8, 2016 at 07:49 AM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Ok everyone, I'm going to help direct this discussion. To determine how to solve 'environmental effects' we first need to diagnose what's causing these effects. The shit things happening to our environment (the effects) are caused by something, so what's causing it? That's what we want to think about first when we think about this topic.

What do you think is causing these harmful environmental effects (keeping in mind that it's a multifaceted issue, there's more than one cause)? Is there one cause that is more impactful than the others? Finally, how can we mitigate the negative environmental effects associated with the cause you identified?
Well obviously the main causes of the trash in the north pacific is irresponsible disposal and an overusage of plastic bags. The latter is most likely more impactful than the former and can be solved by using more Eco-Bags instead of plastic bags to reduce the waste that plastic bags leave since it takes a plastic bag anywhere from 20 to 1000 years to decompose.
Last edited by Merc; Mar 8, 2016 at 08:30 AM.
I was talking about all of the negative environmental effects. I assumed this topic was all-encompassing. Did you just want us to talk about trash disposal and eco-bags?
No I was just following your guide with my own topic but this is meant for all negative effects it's just that the plastic bag thing is the only issue we discussed so far.
Another thing called H.A.R.P it's supposed to stop certain environment things like tornado's
but it also causes them too, and knowing the Us government god knows what their doing.
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
Elaborate more please and cite your statements.

Coming Up:

Global Warming due to Greenhouse Gases.
-Kinda trustworthy looking link.-
-Not trustworthy at all looking link.-
I haven't read either of the links beyond checking that they are about roughly the same thing as we are talking about.
-----
The second link contains a advert/link for a webpage called "911 in plane sight", so try to only use the first link as actual evidence for anything.
Last edited by Zelda; Mar 9, 2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Good morning sweet princess