Toribash
Original Post
GeForce GTX 680: Released!
So the time has come where I can finally feel right about purchasing a new graphics card. Probably going to pick up sli, actually. Less power consumption then competitor GPU's on the same tier, but for some reason comes in 10 inch rather then the norm 11.

Aha, I love how it came with an evga poster.

I'm disappointed he didn't show the test he was talking about at the end. I really wanted to see it in action. This will bring way to a whole new level of computer gaming. I applaud.

But, what happened to GTX 590-670? Did they skip up to try to make it look cooler?
Last edited by PieGod; Mar 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster
The 590 is already out and is probably their second best card at the moment with the 680 being the most. I'm not sure about the 600-670, though, I know they were GOING to do something with them but it might just be in a month or so.
Let me know how the card works out for you, I'd be especially curious if you got sli.

I actually expected a 'bigger leap,' so to speak, from the 580/590 to the 680. However, it is still quite impressive.
RIP [TPC]
May or may not get sli, already obvious issues with some setups from older GPU's and it's not any better for this.
Originally Posted by PieGod View Post
Aha, I love how it came with an evga poster.

I'm disappointed he didn't show the test he was talking about at the end. I really wanted to see it in action. This will bring way to a whole new level of computer gaming. I applaud.

But, what happened to GTX 590-670? Did they skip up to try to make it look cooler?

The *80 of each series is the first release.

Nvidia numbering is in fact sequential. The *70 will probably be next, then filling out the rest of the 6** line.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Really. Hmph, I did not know that.

It seems like it would make more sense to me if they simply continued going up by 10's. Maybe started each series with the *00. It works though.
RIP [TPC]
I've looked vehemently into the 680's benchmarks and efficiency.

In terms of efficiency, it's the easily best graphics card ever made.

In terms of performance, it's arguably the best single-GPU graphics card ever made. With day-one drivers. A few updates from now, this is probably subject to change.

There's a rumor of an upsized version of the 680 based on a different core (called "Big Kepler") currently floating around in the development stage, but it may just be a pipe dream. I plan on replacing my two GTX 260's with a single 680. The performance differential is astounding. tl;dr I love the card.