Toribash
Original Post
Stocks Competition
::INTRODUCTION::
Well, I have seen many competitions going around. And Many of them are great. But, I've not seen a single competition that has to do with stocks.

Tonight, in IRC, some friends and I got onto the topic of stocks. This gave me the bright idea to start a little competition. So, I guess I had better actually tell you what the competition is about before I expect you to participate.

::THE COMPETITION::
The competition will be simple. You have $4000 to spend on stocks. It is not real money, and you will not actually purchase the stock. You simply pick out any amount of stocks, and in any company, that equal out to $4000 or less. And you will tell me the stocks you have chosen, via PM. (Please entitle the PM "RE: Stocks Competition", so that I can easily pick it out from the others.) We will all pick the stocks on a pre-determined date. And we will decide that date after registrations are closed on July 22nd, 2008 at 24:00. (It is midnight, for those who don't know. I am going by GMT times.)

::THE MONEY::
We'll see who all joins and such to find out how much the entry fee will be, and how much the winner(s) will get.
(Though, I plan on leaving the entry fee low. As in, 1k or so.)

As well, donations will be accepted, and put directly to the fund for winners.

::THE PARTICIPANTS::
1. Squee
2. 2worlds
3. Wrestle

Please note: Though I only put 5 user slots, that does not mean that I will only let 5 enter. It is simply that I don't want to make the thread too large to begin with.

I'm going to have to postpone the competition. I'm going on a trip that will cause me to be without a computer for about a week.

So, don't expect to see me anywhere.
And don't expect this to be updated for a while.
Last edited by Squee; Jul 19, 2008 at 04:45 PM.
you mean like...
we spend that 4000 on stocks, then when the comp ends, we "sell" them and the person with the most profit wins or what?
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
er.. stocks ?

like what ?

Google: Stock Market

Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
you mean like...
we spend that 4000 on stocks, then when the comp ends, we "sell" them and the person with the most profit wins or what?

Yes. That's the gist of it.

But, if no one is interested, all toricredits will be returned to the rightful owners, and the even will be cancelled.
sure sign me up
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by Squee View Post
Google: Stock Market

ohrite. i thought you were asking people to buy art stocks ^_-

you could always use one of the internet stockmarket simulators, which would calculate it all for you, and then the registered account with the most $$ at the end would win.

..asi'm guessing that working out *everyones* results would probably take a while...
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
what kind of stocks can we buy and where?

You just find some place that shows/tracks stocks, and pick some stocks that add up to $4000 or lower.

Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
ohrite. i thought you were asking people to buy art stocks ^_-

you could always use one of the internet stockmarket simulators, which would calculate it all for you, and then the registered account with the most $$ at the end would win.

..asi'm guessing that working out *everyones* results would probably take a while...

Well, I don't mind working it out. And I don't want to bother everyone to sign up for something.
I'm going to have to postpone the competition. I'm going on a trip that will cause me to be without a computer for about a week.

So, don't expect to see me anywhere.
And don't expect this to be updated for a while.

(I'm adding this to the first post, as well.)