Toribash
Original Post
Alcohol for dummies
A bunch of people drinks alcohol. Supposedly more than 3/4 parts of the population. There is no one that doesn't know someone that drinks alcohol. Here are some things i want to rise.

First of all, no one starts to drink alone. Alcohol is a nasty fucking shit, and for those who say no, remember that when you drink alcohol, it is not something like "oh sweet delicacy, which strengthens my body and gives me life. My mind expands to new dimensions" instead, it would be something like "eeyY BruHh, duuuD Gimme ur siSteh i wanna hav faN" *pukes*. Alcohol continues to be a substance that poisons our body. And if most people know this , why do they continue to taking it?

There is an experiment called, 'Social Experiment' Five monkeys and a ladder. Which shows how a paradigm is created in society. And to put it another way on how this relates to alcohol; When young people partying, and friends offers them alcohol and says "Hey drink drink dont be a pussy cmon drink, it taste gud cmon take a bit and if you dont like it then dont drink more but drink drink take a bit" that way of insist and fuck them to get intoxicated, later they will do it with others and got intoxicated without really knowing logically why they're poisoning their bodies every time they go out.

There is always a tendency to start taking these drinks with a social group in which they usually drink it and people wants to join them or be accepted into it. Whether in a place like a bar, party, a game or simply think on having an image of that social group. The action of consuming alcohol is considered in many places of the world as something "cool", male, adult, mature, etc.

Another thing, how many people you know who drink 'responsible' and never have been given a tremendous binge? I can count them with just one hand. And how many people you know that religiously drink alcohol and get drunk till get to painful and ridiculous moments, unable to make a simple movement? yeah, you know u know a lot of them.

And then, thinking on the consequences. Alcohol, costs me money. Alcohol poisons me. Alcohol, tastes fucking shit. And for everyone who has the balls THIS BIG:

And telling me that alcohol does not tastes like shit, I'm going to remember to y'all how many times you have seen THIS FACE every time someone drinks:

So here is the question again, why they take it? Why a person begins to poison his body, reaching to extreme points in such a stupid way?

For pure social lubricant. People who use alcohol to relate to other humans, either to talk, fuck, maintain social image, etc. and many people consider the only escape to do what they wanted to do.

Alcohol is for fools.

Oh, you don't think so? Then, explain how is it that alcohol is not stupid.
Last edited by Jodus; Sep 20, 2015 at 02:15 AM.
I agree with you in some parts, but people don't drink Alcohol just to be accepted in the social world.

More than lets say 70% of teens get into alcohol through emotional/ physical problems going on in their life. They use it as an escape
Yes, but it's still on the social aspect, and doesn't let to be stupid.
Absolutely agree - alcohol is silly. It's very poisonous and it costs our public health systems millions upon millions of dollars every year. Additionally, a lot of the time, it doesn't even taste good. I'd rather have a milkshake 95% of the time. There are other drugs, like weed, that make more sense because it's less dangerous (and tastes better).
You were right on lots of things there, and it is bad how people start drinking for social reasons and get addicted later on. I try to avoid it as much as possible for the reasons you mentioned. Not all alcohol tastes like shit, though, some is really nice :v
I know this thread is going to get lots of hate so when the haters come just look at em like
Glimpsed
i totally agree that alcohol is a bad thing (not because i am 13 and that i am muslim so i can say ''eww.. its bad and stuffz like that'' no i don't do that) , i agree because it kills people from drinking a lot and too fast . and since its acid (Or base) , its the worst beverage human can drink because its acid and you know what acid can do (it burns) so i agree with the op .
Last edited by Moataz; Sep 20, 2015 at 03:13 AM.
Literally everything you drink that's not water is either acidic or basic to some degree (alcohol is slightly basic, for the record), so this thing about it having a bad pH value really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As for killing people from drinking it too fast, again, that's common to everything. People have died from drinking too much water too fast.

It is true that alcohol is technically a poison though, and it's also true that many people drink purely due to social pressure. However, there are also many people who legitimately enjoy alcohol, and trying to cluster everyone into that group of people who don't enjoy drinking but do it because of peer pressure is incredibly narrow-minded. Personally, I enjoy the taste of many alcohols, and I'd be drinking them regardless of any social influences. And if you know so few people who drink responsibly and so many who binge and get shitfaced, have you considered that you may be hanging out with the wrong crowds? I know dozens of people who drink, and not a one of them has ever binged on anything. It's very possible, and even very common for people to enjoy their alcohol without being stupid about it. Yes, it is possible to be stupid with it, and some people choose to do so, but that's a failure of the people, not the beverage.
\o/
Disclosure: I drink alcohol and the below are all just my personal opinions.

Your post reads like you're a little kid sitting with his arms crossed unwilling to change his mind and challenging people to go against his view. Sort of wish you'd come here with an open mind to raise discussion but oh well. Try someplace like this next time you make a thread in the style of this one.

Originally Posted by Jodus
First of all, no one starts to drink alone. Alcohol is a nasty fucking shit, and for those who say no, remember that when you drink alcohol, it is not something like "oh sweet delicacy, which strengthens my body and gives me life. My mind expands to new dimensions" instead, it would be something like "eeyY BruHh, duuuD Gimme ur siSteh i wanna hav faN" *pukes*. Alcohol continues to be a substance that poisons our body. And if most people know this , why do they continue to taking it?

Risk already addressed a lot of this. Almost everything is poisonous to some degree. That said, alcohol is a fairly dangerous and destructive substance but I don't agree with or appreciate you pigeonholing people on the issue of why they drink and how much they drink.
I drink every weekend or so at parties or when going out and sometimes I'll sip on a beer while studying at home or gaming with mates.

Why do people drink? You answered that in part throughout your post. Social lubrication, peer pressure or my addition; maybe some people do enjoy the taste or the feeling of intoxication.

There is an experiment called, 'Social Experiment' Five monkeys and a ladder. Which shows how a paradigm is created in society. And to put it another way on how this relates to alcohol; When young people partying, and friends offers them alcohol and says "Hey drink drink dont be a pussy cmon drink, it taste gud cmon take a bit and if you dont like it then dont drink more but drink drink take a bit" that way of insist and fuck them to get intoxicated, later they will do it with others and got intoxicated without really knowing logically why they're poisoning their bodies every time they go out.

There is always a tendency to start taking these drinks with a social group in which they usually drink it and people wants to join them or be accepted into it. Whether in a place like a bar, party, a game or simply think on having an image of that social group. The action of consuming alcohol is considered in many places of the world as something "cool", male, adult, mature, etc.

The first few times I was drinking at parties were mostly due to my own curiosity but in part influenced by what I was seeing from the people around me. I'm not going to lie, I had some bad experiences as I was experimenting with the feeling of being drunk and my own personal tolerance but I found that after a few experiences and getting a bit older I've found what I'm comfortable with.

I can see how you draw parallels to the monkey video but I think that, again, you're disregarding the fact that not everyone is a mindless fucking sheep. Even people who start drinking due to pressure, influence or curiosity don't keep drinking for that same reason. They come to realise "Hey this is a pretty good feeling. It's nice to chill with some drinks and talk to people."
Or "Huh, I never really liked bitter drinks but this craft beer is pretty damn tasty."

Regarding your last point above I do agree that the portrayal of alcohol consumption in the media is often unhelpful and destructive and while this has a profound influence on many people it's important to note that not everyone is like this. (Seeing a pattern start to form here?)

Another thing, how many people you know who drink 'responsible' and never have been given a tremendous binge? I can count them with just one hand. And how many people you know that religiously drink alcohol and get drunk till get to painful and ridiculous moments, unable to make a simple movement? yeah, you know u know a lot of them.

I know a lot of people who are on both side when it comes to this. Again, it comes down to you generalizing - possible corruption of your point of view by spotlight fallacy also. (See "All youth are criminals/bad/delinquents/etc" type of argument for a similar example or google "selection bias", "spotlight fallacy" or "cherry picking" for more info)

Conclusion:
Wow, I could have answered every section of this with the one same argument. :s

tl;dr
Granted: Alcohol is a destructive substance if abused (like a lot of stuff)
However: People have their own reasons for doing things
And: Your opinions seem to stem from narrow mindedness, ignorance and maybe even fear
So: I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't stereotype, generalise and pigeonhole
You can't really blame the alcohol for the problems. Most of the time it's people who you couldn't trust with scissors causing the problem then Blaming the alcohol.
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
Literally everything you drink that's not water is either acidic or basic to some degree (alcohol is slightly basic, for the record), so this thing about it having a bad pH value really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As for killing people from drinking it too fast, again, that's common to everything. People have died from drinking too much water too fast.

It is true that alcohol is technically a poison though, and it's also true that many people drink purely due to social pressure. However, there are also many people who legitimately enjoy alcohol, and trying to cluster everyone into that group of people who don't enjoy drinking but do it because of peer pressure is incredibly narrow-minded. Personally, I enjoy the taste of many alcohols, and I'd be drinking them regardless of any social influences. And if you know so few people who drink responsibly and so many who binge and get shitfaced, have you considered that you may be hanging out with the wrong crowds? I know dozens of people who drink, and not a one of them has ever binged on anything. It's very possible, and even very common for people to enjoy their alcohol without being stupid about it. Yes, it is possible to be stupid with it, and some people choose to do so, but that's a failure of the people, not the beverage.

What do you mean with enjoy drinking alcohol? The fact that people die with water, the alcohol doesn't let to be a poison and will obviously have more possibility to kill someone or fuck their health than water and most of common drinks. Also i would like to know if there are more people drinking alcohol than water, I'll search it later.
And, for real, do you really like the taste of the alcohol? are you sure isn't the experience you have while you are drinking it? so is not for social purpose(maybe unconsciously)?
Do you like to be intoxicated? if so, is that something normal or smart in terms of the (bio)logical behavior to be healthy?