Toribash
Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
in my opinion this rule should be adjusted a tiny bit based on the circumstance. in jojo's situation while i agree this sort of thing shouldn't be allowed to happen all the time it will probably end up happening again, and as you have shown by unbanning him agree that maybe it wasn't the best way to go about it. if by the off chance someone genuinely accidentally makes a sale without realizing their thread is down they should at most have their seller verification taken away. i'm shocked that this wasn't already part of the rules, and if you're willing to unban jojo for it i think it only makes sense to include something like this in the rules for the future so no one thinks you're playing favorites by unbanning him when the next person will get the ban treatment.

I don’t agree with you on that. Jojo was not punished because he didn’t log the sale in time. He was punished because he made a sale without having an open and approved thread which is against the rules for a variety of reasons. He was in the wrong for not checking to see he had an approved thread before selling, which can be remedied by taking a few seconds to check if his thread was still open. On top of that, I additionally had the request implemented that now sends you a notification when your thread is automatically moved to the archive.

I will admit at first my response was an overstep due to some misleading information so I unbanned him and gave him a warning, however, the rules won’t be changing. A user MUST have an open and approved thread before making a sale and they are required to log that sale within 12 hours. This is a protection for BOTH parties so there is a log of purchase and sale in case of any scam which allows us to compensate the victim. Any violation of these rules subject the TC seller to potential disciplinary action that will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
~ .....Want to become a Market Squid? PM me an application!.....~
~ .....Market Squad..... | .....Administrator.....~
~.....If you have any questions PM me or DM me on Discord: athin. .....~