Toribash
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
Just to prove a point.

Violent videogames make you desensitized to violence and death, and conditioned to brutally murdering another creature. Chances are, someone who plays gears of war all day is more likely to not be affected by the consequences of murder than someone who is a flower child.

And just because he feels his family is "consricting him" does not in any way give him the right to murder them in cold blood.

He murdered two innocent people, and you think he needs rehabilitation? For all we know, his mom told him to clean his room too many times, and that's what did it. The article says they were a very reknown and respected family. (They live in a damn gated community, he was not in a ghetto family abuse situation) If somebody walked into your house and killed your family, would you really want them to be "rehabilitated"?

People can snap at any time; just because he was normal, young, confused, and feels remorseful, that does not mean he is exempt for his crimes. I don't think you all understand the severity of capital murder. One of my friends had a friend, who always seemed normal, albeit a bit shy. One day he went to school with a magnum and shot 2 students (1 may have died I think). Just because somebody may have called him names.

I think the justice system is pathetic, I don't want a society of reformed criminals. It only sems fair that his life should end after ending the lives of a middle-aged woman and a young teenage girl. Eye for an eye policy.

Edit: Like I said before, the boy said "It didn't matter who I killed, I just felt like killing. Also because I hate the way people talk in negative tones" and "I didn't want them to feel pain, I wanted it to be over fast. It's like everything went wrong" He also said he shot his mom 4 times, and his sister twice.

Edit: Oh yeah, @Faint: If I didn't listen to the audio file, I wouldn't have commented.

No such studies exist which agree with your personal theory.

No one is saying he has the right to kill others.

Why shouldn't we help people rather than just locking them away forever? How does being in a ghetto family excuse murder?

People can't snap at any time. I have studied FACS enough to know that there are plenty of warning signs.

What country are you talking about? Eye for an eye is taking a 10,000 year step backwards.