Ranking
Hikou:
I completely agree. My intention with bringing this up is just to see how people on here would react when actually thinking about the effects it may have, so I haven’t thought too hard about how anything would actually be changed.

I honestly think the only thing that would really decrease it is time. That seems to be what happened with racial slurs, and even though people still say them today, it’s a lot less accepted than gay ones. Trying to talk to people about it definitely wouldn’t work. This is a discussion board so most people here are moderately open minded, but random kids on the internet would call anyone saying to stop using it a sensitive sjw and just keep doing it.

I also don’t want to burden any of the people I know by trying to get them to stop saying it because I’m sure they’d just get annoyed. I was even nervous posting this in the first place because it’s something that pretty much everyone says. That’s why I keep specifying that I don’t expect people to stop saying it or anything.