Toribash
Original Post
ATI vs NVIDIA
So I'm hoping to read a good discussion on ATI vs NVIDIA gpus.

A few points that would be interesting would be price vs performance, driver support, reliability, and DX11 vs Physx.

What are your reasons for your choice of red or green?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Nvidia, cant handle the better graphical games, where as ati can.

But nvidia has a few more funtions, I still like ATI though.
Ultimate Old Beast Set
<DrunkenMonkey> I don't see anything wrong with c&p as long as it looks good
Can you elaborate? Do you mean games that utilize dx11?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
So I'm hoping to read a good discussion on ATI vs NVIDIA gpus.

A few points that would be interesting would be price vs performance, driver support, reliability, and DX11 vs Physx.

What are your reasons for your choice of red or green?

This discussion is always dependent on the current situation for both brands.
I'm not a fanboy. I pick the cards by analyzing the performance vs price ratio, not by brands. In my opinion thats how it should be.
Right now ATI offers a better price vs performance in my opinion. And it was the HD2000, HD3000 and HD4000 series that dragged the market into a better competitive atmosphere, and we all should be happy about it because I remember when an Nvidia 8800 Ultra used to cost €800 not that long ago! And thank god that now Nividia changed the prices of their high-end products to a more affordable and fair price and they don't have the monopoly anymore.
Having a decent competition is always better for us, consumers. They lower the prices and the products get better twice as faster.

Concerning physx and dx11... I don't really care for now. Maybe later.

In conclusion: For me its not about red or green. Its about the product itself. I pick the one I consider to be the better choice based on specs, prices and performance, not brands.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
I've read about alot of stability issues and performance issues with nvidia cards.

I fully support genki's words. Imo, ati has the better side atm.

also: Next you should make a thread dealing with cpus. Intel vs AMD.
nVIDIA, ATI may have dx10, nVidia has nVIDIA Physx, nVIDIA 3d and that kind of stuff. nVIDIA cards also have less problems with video games in general. (like The Saboteur not working on ATI cards etc.)
|- BitBuster -|- Old Schooler -|

Aren't HD and GTX just from their own naming system though?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
My laptop has an ATi graphic card. I'm quite happy with it, but I would still prefer an nVidia. Mainly because they have less problems with videogames.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
My dad is a computer engineer for Nvidia, so I can't help but be a little biased. I've only owned Nvidia brand graphics cards, and I haven't had a single issue. I own a GTS 250 now, and there are really no complaints from me.
Last edited by BlakNWyte; Feb 15, 2010 at 09:27 PM.