Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Gravity setting changes and other stuff
Gonna use this thread to rant about small things.

I've been annoyed a lot with how gravity works in the game, a misclicked wushu move can send you flying for almost a full game, and aikido is in a sad state since toris fly out of the ring too easily.
My suggestion is to have a gravity counter on each joint, that scales with every meter of height. A bodypart that's close to the ground will be lighter, and one that's way up in the sky will be heavier. Thus, lifting your opponent off the ground will be harder. So, two customisable values are needed, the amount of base damage and how much it scales with for each meter.
Of course, the values should, and probably will be customisable, so the gameplay doesn't change for people who like it as it is. No need to discuss that, thank you.

Alongside that, I'd like there to be a difference between gravity and weight.
Gravity is what pushes you down regardless of what your opponent does, and weight makes your opponent's bodyparts harder to lift. This could be used to move like a blue hedgehog on coffee without being able to manip your opponent. It can be very important in aikido mods, where manipulating your opponent is the most important aspect of the game, or in wushu, if you want to play without getting thrown miles away from your opponent.
Last edited by Lazors; May 21, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore