Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Help with motherboard
Recently I've been planning on building my first Desktop. I've been using PCPartpicker which is amazing btw. 5/5 Stars and 10/10. However whenever I add the Intel i7 4790k to the parts list then all motherboards become incompatible. It says that the 4790k uses a LGA-1150 socket but when I use the motherboard compatibility filter and set it up so it's specs are compatible with all my parts nothing shows meaning they are all incompatible. I adjust the filter for DDR4 RAM and LGA-1150 socket which should be fine. I find it impossible that there is no LGA-1150 motherboard that supports DDR4 RAM. Could be that they got the socket wrong on the 4790k and it actually supports LGA2011-3 too. The GPU I have in the parts list is the EVGA GeForce 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0+. I removed the case to make sure that the dimensions of the case weren't restricting the filter to show any motherboards. Any suggestions? Does the 4790k support LGA2011-3? If the filter is wrong can you tell me what motherboards do work with the 4790k so I can select it manually? This is gonna be my first build so yeah. Thanks in advance guys.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |