Ranking
I hardly post or play the game but i feel like the staff did just fine in this situation. The ban was completely justified. No if ands or buts. You broke a rule that is actually kind of hard to break, the fact that you broke such a simple rule is actually humorous. Making a thread about how you feel it was unjustified was also pretty funny, if you don't like the rules for selling tc then don't sell tc. If you show some competence and sell tc the right way then of course you don't get punished because you followed the rules. The length of the ban only being a month also seemed reasonable, if you dont like it then just make a alt account and problem solved lmao.
oh is this where i put my signature?
This is another ''you broke a rule, so you get banned'' argument.

What about bad and useless rules? Having sellers post on forum precisely before sending TC hasn't saved anybody from getting scammed, but it did get 3 innocent people banned.

What about inadequate punishment? 30 days for simply making a deal(where nobody gets scammed) before posting about it is absolutely ridiculous.

What about, as somebody working for the good of community, thinking about the consequences? Excluding 3 honest members from the community, because they broke a stupid rule is detrimental. If that's what your rule tells you to do, then it's not a good rule and you should change or remove it.

''the staff did just fine in this situation'' - so, you think that staff should gang up and mock members of the community or act like some control freaks? They tried to prohibit this thread at first, then Pouffy tried to prohibit talking about my ban. Screenshots of our discord conversation are in my previous posts. If that's just fine to you, then I don't even know what to say...

''You broke a rule that is actually kind of hard to break, the fact that you broke such a simple rule is actually humorous. Making a thread about how you feel it was unjustified was also pretty funny'' - this rule is not hard to break at all. A lot of people are breaking it all the time. The only reason I ''got caught'', is beacuse I was completely honest about it and tried to follow the rule as best as I could. I complained because I believe that what staff were and are doing is unjust, stupid and detrimental for toribash. What's so funny about it?

''if you don't like the rules for selling tc then don't sell tc'' - I think, it's a very bad advice that calls for inaction, instead of fighting stubbornness and stupidity. It's advice of a person who isn't involved doesn't care at all.
if the rule make deals increasingly more inconvenient, to the point that instead of preventing/punishing scammers it backfires at trustworthy sellers, it should obviously be reconsidered

and considering that we have players who are approaching their 30s and been with the game for 10+ years, their feedback should rather be taken into consideration instead of berating it

rules are ment to provide decent environment, not hinder people who do no wrong

i mean unless the current objective is to hinder non-torishop tc sales, the whole situation looks very strange to me
Last edited by snake; Mar 14, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Diamond my good man, they are mocking you because you want the rules to change because they are inconvenient to you.
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Diamond my good man, they are mocking you because you want the rules to change because they are inconvenient to you.

Fixed it for you.

"they are mocking you because you want the rules to change because they are inconvenient to every tc seller."

Maybe if you actually played the game these rules would affect you
I think both sides (the rule is justified and the rule should be changed) have lots of valid points.
I can't deny there is a reason for prohibiting USD duels and that they don't even have to allow USD transactions. But this specific case seems super unfair and it's clearly an "overmoderation" towards the wrong people, in my opinion.

Instead of saying if I do or do not agree with the rule, I think should be better to discuss whether the rule and/or moderation is effective. If it works how it should and if it's being of any help, instead of saying "hey we created this rule for that, it's a noble cause and we won't change it" even when it's noticeable that it isn't working properly either.

At least from my point of view, the people that are being banned for "not following the rule" are less likely to scam, while the other and much bigger part of sellers are not being punished.

I'm mostly talking to staff in this post, asking them to reflect on the rules while considering the practical impacts of the rule too - not only in theory -, but I'm willing to contribute to the discussion by bringing up another questioning: if the reason why the rule exist is justified; and the effectiveness of the rule

because I particularly can't decide if the rule is right or wrong without considering these points first
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am a tc seller and i think the rule is perfectly reasonable, user safety is far more important than profit. You are impatient and if you knew how to follow rules it wouldn't be an inconvenience.
Just remember that it's not only inconvenient for sellers, it's inconvenient for anyone involved.

Here's a real-life scenario I'm having now:
A person wants to buy TC from me, but I have no selling thread. I decide to sell TC, so I have to create a thread, wait for it to be verified, then wait until the person is online so he would post on that thread, and then send my TC. This just requires excessive effort from all parties involved (MS included).
its to keep you from scamming people genius.
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
its to keep you from scamming people genius.

it doesn't keep anyone from scamming anyone. if the guy is willing to buy the tc you could just as easily scam him even if your thread is approved...