Ranking
@Tempest, with such an attitude i would not be surprised if tc sellers would rather ignore the whole procedure completely and go grey

this procedure does not bring any benefits for parties involved, hence questioning the reason of following it altogether, and the inconvenience it brings clearly outweighs the "prevent scam" notion
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
''the staff did just fine in this situation'' - so, you think that staff should gang up and mock members of the community or act like some control freaks? They tried to prohibit this thread at first, then Pouffy tried to prohibit talking about my ban. Screenshots of our discord conversation are in my previous posts. If that's just fine to you, then I don't even know what to say...

Obviously this is a different conversation, but if you feel there was serious staff misconduct, PM the offenders to try to hash it out and make a staff complaint if you still aren't satisfied. Harassing users is very serious on its own, and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone for anything.

I do still think this thread is dumb, which is why instead of posting here I'd instead opted to give my thoughts in the S&I thread -- and, while I haven't yet deleted/seen any deleted posts, I was serious and and still hold that sentiment... If you thought I would do any different than I have been, I'd say that you severely overreacted.

I wanted to engage with the discussion going on in this thread to justify my post but I'm still not interested in people only saying that it's inconvenient and that just about any effort is excessive effort... Anyone looking to weigh in on and brainstorm alternate systems is encouraged to post here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=625814
just remove verification of rhread and make that only verified sellers can open threads. that woulf fixx all and it would make stuff go faster.
thats the part that is lagging the whole process.
why is that in place btw? we are verified sellers afterall.

suppirt this by quote my pist in s and i thread and saying some stupid bullshit so you dont get infracted
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 15, 2019 at 10:12 AM.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
just remove verification of rhread and make that only verified sellers can open threads. that woulf fixx all and it would make stuff go faster.

suppirt this by quote my pist in s and i thread and saying some stupid bullshit so you dont get infracted

A nifty developer could implement a market for TC, in addition to the regular item market.
That would be the most userfriendly solution. I have no idea what is going on here, but at first glance the current implementation of TC sales looks like it could be from the 90's.

Licensing TC sellers would be an easily improvement. You could make it a rule that any TC sales of non - licensed sellers will be banned.
In addition you could create a forum tool that allows quick documentation of all transactions - a tool other than a thread that needs to be manually opened and closed by staff.
I don't understand why a thread needs to be reviewed by staff every time. Perhaps to make sure that a seller has the TC at the point where he is offering them?
An automated TC protocol tool could easily check if a user has the TC.
You could model it something like that:

TC Seller sends buy request to user -> System checks if user has TC -> User receives buy request and confirms it -> TC get transferred to User -> User pays for TC with Paypal.
In case of a scam the staff can manually revert the transaction.

I assume that the current system is in place due to the fact that the staff cannot revert Paypal transactions. If you really wanted to make it foolproof you'd need an escrow system, but I don't know if that is possible with Paypal's transaction fees and whatnot.
Last edited by Redundant; Mar 15, 2019 at 11:55 AM.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
A nifty developer could implement a market for TC, in addition to the regular item market.
That would be the most userfriendly solution. I have no idea what is going on here, but at first glance the current implementation of TC sales looks like it could be from the 90's.

Licensing TC sellers would be an easily improvement. You could make it a rule that any TC sales of non - licensed sellers will be banned.
In addition you could create a forum tool that allows quick documentation of all transactions - a tool other than a thread that needs to be manually opened and closed by staff.
I don't understand why a thread needs to be reviewed by staff every time. Perhaps to make sure that a seller has the TC at the point where he is offering them?
An automated TC protocol tool could easily check if a user has the TC.
You could model it something like that:

TC Seller sends buy request to user -> System checks if user has TC -> User receives buy request and confirms it -> TC get transferred to User -> User pays for TC with Paypal.
In case of a scam the staff can manually revert the transaction.

I assume that the current system is in place due to the fact that the staff cannot revert Paypal transactions. If you really wanted to make it foolproof you'd need an escrow system, but I don't know if that is possible with Paypal's transaction fees and whatnot.

Sometime last year me and pouffy had a similar idea, licensed sellers would have to state the amount of TC they wish to sell and have it sit outside of their account somewhere to ensure buyers actually receive the TC and so TC doesn't just disappear out of no were due to the automation of it, with this Nabi could sell TC on the same platform at an average rate of what other sellers are selling for. There'd have to be incentives for buying from nabi as I'd assume they'd sell at a higher rate but include daily sale items and Nabi could potentially make money as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
But why is it not possible for someone to reopen their thread? If users were allowed to do so rather than wait on staff wouldn't this ENTIRE situation not really be a valid problem anymore?
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post

I think the whole point of the verification per thread is to check if an unauthorized seller isn't trying to sell through a verified seller by sending them their tc BEFORE it happens instead of having to deal with it after the trade already happened but that's just my guess. The only criteria to being a verified seller is not scamming in the last 9 months with an account age of 6 months or more which really is quite a lower barrier of entry so it's possible for shady figures to end up selling tc and selling tc from scammers/unverified sellers through them. I don't think the current system is that much of a hassle if you just copy/paste the last thread every 5 days and then you'll be good to sell tc around about 6 out of 7 days a week with like 5 minutes of maintenance every week for the seller so I personally don't see why this has been made to look like it's such a big thing to deal with and harsh on the community.

Originally Posted by Shock View Post
But why is it not possible for someone to reopen their thread? If users were allowed to do so rather than wait on staff wouldn't this ENTIRE situation not really be a valid problem anymore?

If they were allowed to reopen the thread whenever they feel like it there's no point in autoclosing? Then it'd basically just be a normal board again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
I'm really not seeing what rule was broken here, both people got what they wanted what is the problem lmao
Now Krong says that I can't apply to be a verified TC seller.

So, first I get banned for a month for virtually nothing, have to waste so much time and nerves on trying to talk sense into staff, and now I'm not eligible to even apply to become a verified TC seller?

By what standards do market squad determine who's eligible? How am I not eligible, having never scammed anyone? Why is Krong trying to complicate life for me?

So far, I, as somebody who never scammed anybody and never intended to, have faced nothing but huge and meaningless obstructions created by staff. What is going on? Why are you working against honest members of the community?

Last edited by Diamond; Mar 16, 2019 at 08:20 AM.
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
Now Krong says that I can't apply to be a verified TC seller.

So, first I get banned for a month for virtually nothing, have to waste so much time and nerves on trying to talk sense into staff, and now I'm not eligible to even apply to become a verified TC seller?

By what standards do market squad determine who's eligible? How am I not eligible, having never scammed anyone? Why is Krong trying to complicate life for me?

So far, I, as somebody who never scammed anybody and never intended to, have faced nothing but huge and meaningless obstructions created by staff. What is going on? Why are you working against honest members of the community?

You violated the rules relating to selling TC and got a month ban for it, after about a week you get your account unbanned but you're still not allowed to sell TC for the rest of the month because the violation was related to your TC selling (at least that is my assumption.) Sounds like a pretty fair compromise since you got your account back 3 weeks early no?

I get that you're feeling a vendetta towards staff or something because you broke their rules but their rules are stupid but you made a TC related violation of the rules and even though you were unbanned early you making that violation of the rules doesn't suddenly go poof and disappear
Last edited by Finn; Mar 16, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!