Toribash
Original Post
Ranked & Economy
Ranked
First of all, sorry If you have already discussed about this.
I am sure it would be better if you replace judofrac for boxshu, and TK for erthTK.

Economy
I have read and noticed there is a problem with TC. I have had no time to think about something big (like some players did) but I have thought that "EBets" could help.

Normal EBets:
Rakes go to dp

New & temporary EBets:
Rakes go to dp until it reaches 20k, then rakes would be sent to an admin and taken out from TB or something.

I know this is slow, but it is still a way to solve palliate this situation.
Last edited by Martin; Jun 13, 2019 at 04:13 AM.
Ranked mods are absolutely fine, they're competitive, popular and mostly liked by majority of players. There's always going to be differing opinions, but current mod rotation is quite good compared to previous ones.

Sinking TC won't solve the issue. Devs simply don't know how to run a healthy economy by randomly making everything on the market cheaper and allowing to spawn millions of TC each week thanks to TC boosters amongst many other things. Besides, hosting a bet server is one of the least efficient ideas of sinking TC I've ever heard of.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jun 12, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
judofrac is not fine/competitive/liked... go in-game. You might be right with TK though.

And yes, as I said, it's very slow to sink TC with EBets (at least it's fun) so the discussion is open, you could suggest something too.
judofrac is competitive, afaik it is liked amongst experienced players but less so amongst newer players.

Sinking TC in that manner is like taking water out of the ocean with a syringe, its not enough to make any tangible difference
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
go in-game.

We all know the theory, the thing is that everybody says "This mod sucks" as simple as that.

And again, we all agree that it's very slow to sink TC with those EBets, but they would be better than hosting ETourneys (thing that generates more TC).
I'm not talking about a solution, Its objective would be to palliate devaluation, not to solve it.

To judge this right you require to understand its objective.
"its not enough to make any tangible difference" because it's not meant to make any tangible difference.
Last edited by Martin; Jun 13, 2019 at 02:17 AM.
Judo frac requires you to think ahead and carefully pick your time to strike or when to do some sort of tricky take down. boxshu is apparently competitive from what iv'e heard from people. i also prefer regular tk just because it's to easy to take off a wrist and get it out of the ring both these mods require more defensive play unlike abd and lenshu those are both more centered around offence i feel judo frac and lenshu balance that out
Trying
I like this reflection you've had. I still think Boxshu could "balance" (offensive/defensive) better than judofrac.
I agree with the Ebets but at the same time I don't, because bet servers are something that players do daily and what If I want to make my own bet server to get "TC" because I'd like to buy something cool in the market and then a wild Ebets appear, generally is a good idea to sink TC slow but it is, Play Old School Runescape there's a "DUEL ARENA" in al-kharid and a few years ago they added taxes per duel(I forgot the % but lets say that it is 10% Similar to rakes in tb) so the 2 players dueling for example 1.000.000gp each for a total of 2.000.000 minus 10% tax/rake ends with the winner only retrieving 1.800.000GP. Now lets apply this to toribash because everyday you will see a few 100k bets with counters now that's 10.000 - 20.000TC sink depending on counters and who loses ofc and in a succesful bet server there might be people doing constantly 20k-50k bets for 2.000-5.000TC sink.

Now about ranked: The only reason for me to remove judofrac.tbm is because you can beat your oponent even if he/she is afk, by doing correct moves in 2 turn (already won like 2-5 times with that method) but for the rest judofrac is an skill mod, in the past people used to duel in it, you always have to play precise and smooth thinking about your joints and what posible fracs you will get if fail the move only to not dq, but again, beating afk people is enough for me to remove it.
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Ranked mods are absolutely fine, they're competitive, popular and mostly liked by majority of players. There's always going to be differing opinions, but current mod rotation is quite good compared to previous ones.

Sinking TC won't solve the issue. Devs simply don't know how to run a healthy economy by randomly making everything on the market cheaper and allowing to spawn millions of TC each week thanks to TC boosters amongst many other things. Besides, hosting a bet server is one of the least efficient ideas of sinking TC I've ever heard of.

bring back buying avatars signatures for TC
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And again, we all agree that it's very slow to sink TC with those EBets, but they would be better than hosting ETourneys (thing that generates more TC).
I'm not talking about a solution, Its objective would be to palliate devaluation, not to solve it.

To judge this right you require to understand its objective.
"its not enough to make any tangible difference" because it's not meant to make any tangible difference.

This would not palliate devaluation. Crucially, the difference in magnitude between what could be sunk here compared to whats generated each day is so small that its completely futile to try to tackle the problem this way.

The "every little helps" mentality only works when its a difference each individual person can make which when taken across all the people adds up to make a big difference. In this case, its not lots of small differences adding up to make a substantial one, its just an insignificant difference that doesnt help the problem in any way.

EBets being hosted more I can agree with but only becasue the event is good not because it tackles tc devaluation in any way.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.