ES Recruitment Drive
Tonomi send us 3 of ur best replays for recruiters to vote.
thats how you can join ormo
Ormo | TANG | Tk | RSO
well, i will try
diggin' replays from my archives lol
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
i'll do it!
Attached Files
FIND HIM.rpl (158.3 KB, 26 views)
GODDONTLIKEUGLY.rpl (135.5 KB, 21 views)
watashi no namae wa Rose.rpl (185.7 KB, 22 views)
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by T0n0mi View Post
well, i will try
diggin' replays from my archives lol

Well, here goes my stuff
it's not "best", but that's all i had atm
also, second one is from current opener challenge
removed the opchallenge replay, did a new one for an ormo app
Attached Files
catbug.rpl (307.7 KB, 13 views)
ouch spider bite me.rpl (107.6 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by T0n0mi; Aug 14, 2019 at 05:48 AM.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
u cant post from opener chalanges only your own fully rpls

"No collabs, or using openers made by anyone else (that includes opener challenges), please. This is about you and you alone."

Please read the rules before applying
Ormo | TANG | Tk | RSO
Sorry for being dumb
Will clear that out

well, made another one
Last edited by T0n0mi; Aug 14, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
i'll do it!

Aside from the cool pose, the first replay is totally innocuous; spin, kick whatever is closest with whichever leg is at hand as soon as possible. Every path taken was the simplest and of least resistance to an almost algorithmic point.

While short the second replay has vastly superior movement, except for the left elbow extend that looks out of sync with everything else around 90 frames in.

Last replay is in line with the first one, simple actions but in my opinion neither the execution, aesthetic nor level of difficulty justify it. Although I did notice the swing and contracted legs tiptoeing on the floor to deploy the first kick was pretty good compared to how most do it sloppily.

I'm actually surprised by the replays, I could have sworn I had seen stuff from you that was much superior, when I saw you applied I predicted a positive vote, but there's simply not enough to judge on, and what there is is underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind short replays, what I mind is replays short in content. The gist of these replays was good speed, decent dms and somewhat inconsistent movement (mechanic and clunky in the first replay, aesthetic and solid in the second replay, unnoteworthy in the last). I can safely say there's nothing in them that I have never seen before, and once I closed the client I forgot what they looked like. That is in my opinion a poor impression of your replays because I can vividly remember that replay with the crazy opener, unfortunately glitched double knee dm at the start and very cool ground dismemberment at the end. It was undoubtedly technically less impressive and would get criticism for other reasons, but every part of that replay is by itself more memorable than anything in these three. Too safe, just go crazy next time.

Originally Posted by T0n0mi View Post
Well, here goes my stuff
it's not "best", but that's all i had atm
also, second one is from current opener challenge
removed the opchallenge replay, did a new one for an ormo app

Although catbug has problems I thought the weird grab manipulation was very funny and I enjoyed it a lot. My problems are mostly with the hits, they were not very well aimed or creative. I can also nitpick some of your movement during the opener, such as tweaks that aren't functional and out of sync movements. Here's a couple; right at the start after throwing your arms up your left shoulder starts lowering naturally and you quickly raise it again; sudden left elbow contract on frame 1429; left knee extend-contract-extend around frame 1383. Please note that my complaint isn't about how it looks, it is because these redundant movements hinder your movement and make it harder to gain speed and move around properly. Also, no pose :(

Second replay; the grab for the decap kick was poorly placed, which resulted in a weak kick despite the decap. You would want to avoid grabbing below what you want to kick in this case because that guarantees your leg will hit your arm. After that you struggle to stand still while still delivering hits to Uke and fall backwards. I think you overused grab in this section, you kept the same grab for three different hits which means you had to carry both your and Uke's weight that whole time, which is not easy and probably the reason you had a hard time balancing. I know -30 means Uke falls to the ground too quickly, but that's the nature of the gravity and it is well known that keeping Uke's bodyparts in the air is a priority for -30 madmans. You could have perhaps attempted to use both arms to throw it upwards and relieve your tori.
I liked the last hit, I think kicking with fully extended legs looks goofy and cool. It is a shame the pose isn't 100% stable though, that would have been great.
Despite having mostly criticism for this replay, I do appreciate the initiative of making something as challenging as a combo madman in -30.

Third replay; I was so confused by the hit when I first saw it, upon rewatching I think I like the replay. It's not technically amazing though, and the two serendipitous dms from the torso hitting the ground paint a picture of destruction when in reality the hit only got 3 dms.

I think the replays are creative and I personally had fun watching them. However there's aspects to improve such as refining your movement further, try to improve your attention to details a bit. As such my vote is a no, but hopefully we'll get to see this kind of stuff on a superior level next time.

Originally Posted by Toad View Post
uwu

I already voted on this one and you're technically accepted, but I'll leave my thoughts in short comments anyway for posterity, plus I have differing opinions form Static. If nobody cares, sorry.

Aside from a small hesitation right at the beggining of the opener, the movement in the first replay is really gracious and your timing is superb, allied with very good dms it makes a very tight replay.

Second replay still has impeccable swings and spins, and the boom is awesome. Short and simple but the execution is great.

I like the third replay because it's more close quarters and hectic than the other two, yet your movement quality doesn't drop, and a quick, seamless skeetcap to top it off.

Solid and consistent app, welcome.
oh yeah
Actually that's much better than "yes"!
I appreciate your criticism, you marked all my mistakes well and now i see what actually gone wrong.
Thank you very much, i will do my best.
Also, if that is possible, can i send new stuff straight to you?
Because i really like what you told. That's very helpful and informative for me.
Last edited by T0n0mi; Aug 14, 2019 at 06:35 PM.
guess ill try my luck while the threads booming
Attached Files
Fuck 20 grav.rpl (428.2 KB, 12 views)
First replay in forever.rpl (299.3 KB, 11 views)
Happy new years.rpl (333.0 KB, 11 views)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hello, I would like to join ORMO
Attached Files
sitonass.rpl (43.8 KB, 20 views)
madman.rpl (346.5 KB, 23 views)
Sweet Night Kiss.rpl (57.5 KB, 17 views)
GLORY FOR UKRAINE