Toribash
Original Post
From newbie to experienced Toribash Tips
Hey guys, couldn't seem to find a tips thread around here so I decided to start one off. I'll try and keep the list updated

THE LIST:
  1. For a cooler fluid motion start of with relaxed and then move onto utilizing all of your joints.
  2. In multiplayer never give up! I've seen some replays where the guy scores points at the last frame and wins if he did it so can you!
  3. Use everyone of your joints! If you go in and look at replays from people like noweb, dafe, nuthug,etc. You'll probably find their using all of their joints to the maximum it may take longer to get used to and to master but it's worth it for the replays.
  4. If your about to get kicked/punched/hit in the head(and you can't do anything about it) relax your neck! Some of the times your neck just snaps back and takes damage but isn't off.
  5. For tc try making art, if it's no good don't be discouraged! People like notyq, ducky(for old schoolers) nightmare, etc started out just like you! If you work hard you can do anything.
  6. Utilise other player's dismemberments. Attempt to grab the limb and DQ it if possible.
  7. Remember good spirit ingame. After game good manners is say "Good game" or "gg".
  8. Giving up by running away woun't give you honor even if you win. Fight to last frame so after game you can say that it was more than one lucky punch! Also you will learn play better when you have fight longer.
Please do not put a 7 or w/e number infront of it as I'll just have to remove it :| This thread is for all around tips for TB
Last edited by ravenger; Jul 14, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
Utilise other player's dismemberments. Attempt to grab the limb and DQ it if possible.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
very nice thread

my tips of the day:

Remember good spirit ingame. After game good manners is say "Good game" or "gg".

Giving up by running away woun't give you honor even if you win. Fight to last frame so after game you can say that it was more than one lucky punch! Also you will learn play better when you have fight longer.
[Sigma]
And the second largest penis in animal kindom
Single player replay making is good practice for multiplayer. You'll develop more understanding about what's effective in terms of producing power, and you'll be more familiar with what options you have given your position and momentum than you would with MP experience alone.

As a corollary to number 3, using all of your joints to power hits has the added benefit of setting up another hit, like compressing a spring, using (contract left pec, extend right pec, right rotate chest) or (extend left pec, contract right pec, left rotate chest) combinations to generate most of your power. Usually, you can alternate your hips to supplement this.

If you think of your hands and feet as the corners of a rectangle, a full powered strike with one point will set up power for any point with a connecting edge. So a right hand punch will set up a left punch or right kick. This is very important in MP, where you don't always have a chance to get grounded and change your momentum.

If you want your strikes to be heavy, make your body as big as possible (i.e. spread your arms out, keep your knees straight, etc. along the axis of your strike) at the moment of impact. It will increase the amount of torque needed to rotate you. This makes the difference between just snapping someone's arm off and having it float there, and smashing it and sending it shooting towards the ground for a fast DQ.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
Originally Posted by Autoz View Post
Utilise other player's dismemberments. Attempt to grab the limb and DQ it if possible.

Thats just lame
having a difficult time taking off a limb?

don't always think by just adding complete force you will get a good DM.
aim for the joints, they are much weaker than the body of the limb itself.

(I.E to make a easy decap aim for the neck )

also, when in combat try to aim instead of just throwing a limb out there, (i have lost many time because of this) aim with the glutes, or if needed pull the limb back and use your chest to kick (or punch) with the other leg or arm
I know im a noobie but this has helped me to win a few matches:
If a limb/multiple limbs are dismemebered, KEEP USING THEM.

If its legs, attempt to fling them into the air or keep them upright. As for arms/hands switch to grabby hands and stick onto your opponent(preferably the body) that way you dont lose via limp broken off limbs.

(this sorta follows with the never give up bit)