Original Post
Mihanik;s SP guide

Written by Mihanik
Translated by marci4
Posted by me

So here it is:

I am a person who has long stayed in singleplayer. I made videos, which
I am not ashamed to show you. Yes, I am a singler
not level of Wildbox'a, Nirs'a, and ORMO.

But I can tell you about the single. Because the theory allows
my skill to move forward. Now I will tell some
principles of single-replays and examples of training in it.

So let's begin with what distinguishes good replay from bad one.

1. Hold-Relax.

Well i can even dont say about this. A Good replay is made in
Complete relaxation. And it looks better then "holded" replay
Example. I started in as completely holded, but then I made an impact on palsy. Feel the difference.

Trainings are very simple, but also they are long. Just when you are making
a replay, every 5-6 frames completely relax the body, and
then continue. With time, you will learn how to use relax and wont pay attantion on such things.

2. Inertia.

You would be very difficult to make strong and fast attacks without the inertia.
Inertia must be calculated. Always think, will you be able to continue your hits after you kicked uke. Ideal replay - when the inertia of
your strokes are fast and hard. Even 10/12 parts could be ripped For two strokes , if inertia is properly correctly calculated. Example

Training is also simple - just use your brain.
Make your replays in way, when your kicks is smothly and are made one after another. and Also learn how to push off for getting a strength of your hit.

3. Balance.

So we have reached that part of replay, which distinguishes Nirs's replays from mine (for example). The word balance mean many different
things. For me a balance is a holding your body and the body of the enemy in a comfortable position for you. So ideal balance is when you constantly is on feet, and UKE consistently substituted for your strikes. It is quite difficult..
therefore - study, study and study. Example

The first is mine.
And if you have Toribash 3.8, you'll find the second one in the "Replays" It is named nirs_jd_balancehammer.rpl

It's not so simple. I suggest you to train to substitute Uke under your attacks
(he is on completely relaxation after ripping of one of the parts, so
You can manipulate it as you like), train to stand on your feet.

4. Intelligibility.

This is a problem of begginers. For better looking of replay it is necessary for people to understand when you hit and when you are not.
Forget about that if you broke something it is cool.
Each blow, f.e. 10 frames, that you stay out of uke for 50 frames. mingle with Yuk a mess Dont mix with Uke. Example - here.

Although there is a very interesting technique, which I noticed
in Rutzor's replays for the first time. You can fast reach uke and quick rip a couple parts of his body. The main thing - do it quickly. Then you can tear him another couple parts, but the job is done - with the first viewing will
feel that you just break it to all imaginable and unimaginable pieces.
only then it becomes clear...
But this is only an illusion, which in a few hits
completely evaporated, so I would not rely on it.

Trainings for trainings- just make replays, eventually you will get better. Also do not forget look other people's replays and try to do as well. It's not plagiarism, this will give you a lot of experiences.

Well, my guide is finished. I hope you took something interesting from it. Thank you.

TEAM AIKIDO
Well that was rather pointless. First you told everyone to use relax no matter what, not even considering if holding may be better (CheZ has excellent replays that are very hold-based). Then you tell people to use momentum in hits to make stronger hits, to balance and to think intelligently. Wow that's quite a revelation.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
dont mind what he says, thanks it helped me because it pointed out some facts that i didnt pay enough attention to.
i dont care if a replay is held or relaxed.the reason for this is that relax gives a replay a nice flow.but if you can pull off a nice flow with hold, thats just as great.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by SLAPPED
Well that was rather pointless. First you told everyone to use relax no matter what, not even considering if holding may be better (CheZ has excellent replays that are very hold-based).

But not everybody is chezda.

And there may not be another person like him.
and even when he did hold, it was probably hard for him.
(I have his replay folder, 5 tries, of limbs snapping off for 500frame replay)
most really good replays are just better to do in relax.

Anyway, good tutorial.
So basically the things in your tutorial is mainly aimed towards beginners, since professionals already know this stuff.

The beginners won't be able to play like this in a good way, because this is mainly how professionals play, so its kind of a problem.

A combination of hold and relax works pretty fine aslong as you make sure to just move the nessesary parts. A good tip would be to find your own method.