ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Timeout error while logging in.
Alright, I've looked all over the forums and no one seems to answer anything when it comes to this error. The only thing anyone ever asks is if the person's internet connection is poor or if their firewall is blocking it. Anyway, neither of those things apply to me. I've tried two different internet connections (I even played Toribash on my girlfriend's computer on one of them), and both my antivirus and my firewall are off. I'm running Windows XP, and I've tried reinstalling the game in multiple locations, including the default folder. Does anyone have ANY OTHER IDEAS about what could be giving me the "A timeout has been reached" error when trying to log in? No, /login [name] [password] does not work either.

Edit: If it helps at all, my tb_run.log just says,

"04-03-2010 23:20:44 curl error 28 'https://content.toribash.com/cp/ver_updates.php?1267773639' 'ver_updates.txt'
04-03-2010 23:20:44 Unable to download version update from content.toribash.com"

in it.
I have not. How do I go about doing that? All I see in the downloads sections is the latest versions.
What version of toribash are you using?

besides is your internet on correclty?

also, sometimes servers update so you can't log in
or has few days past and you can't log in?

try reinstall?
Using version 3.86. Playing on my cousin's computer as we speak, on the same version from the same link, with the same internet connection.
Are you sure that your router settings are the same for all the PCs?
You router might be blocking it.

Also what does your strerr.txt say?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

I've used multiple internet connections, so it shouldn't be a router problem. stderr.txt says
"Unable to retrieve login information
Unable to log in. Curl error: 28 a timeout was reached"

Also, tb_run.log says
"curl error 28 'https://content.toribash.com/cp/ver_updates.php?1267937588' 'ver_updates.txt'
Unable to download version update from content.toribash.com"
That's because your PC cant connect to the game server properly.

Are all your ports open? especially the ones between 20k-30k range.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!