Toribash
loled hard. bitches don't know that windows actually fails to pick up on most security faults, hence the lower number of *reported* flaws. That's a very poorly thought out article.

Bitches be hatin' on macs because they can't afford them. I own both a macbook pro and a pc which i put together for about £800ish. The mac is generally a lot smoother to use and doesn't sabotage itself horribly each time it touches the internet without an array of antivirus software. Sure, it doesn't play games. Probably a good thing in the long run.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Do you even know the importance and relevance of Secunia and how security reports/bulletins are generated and processed? And that argument of "because they can't afford them" is childish... How old are you?
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 18, 2010 at 02:17 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
This faggot in that article is getting his numbers from "reported security flaws," i.e. handholds in network protocol and operating system code that have a possibility of being exploited. The entire fucking premise of a Unix-based OS is for members of the open source community to provide feedback on the operating system, resulting in more robust overall security. You know why Windows operating systems aren't getting as many of these feedback reports? Because it's a fucking over-proprietary piece of shit operating system that only gets security patches once shit has already hit the fan (See: WindowsNT).

So yes. Mac OS 10.5 took more shots at the doctor's office. Clearly that means that Windows, which took less shots, because its mother refused to listen to its teacher telling her that it was coughing and sneezing in class, is a healthier operating system.

Fucking worthless article.

/rant
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
This faggot in that article is getting his numbers from "reported security flaws," i.e. handholds in network protocol and operating system code that have a possibility of being exploited. The entire fucking premise of a Unix-based OS is for members of the open source community to provide feedback on the operating system, resulting in more robust overall security. You know why Windows operating systems aren't getting as many of these feedback reports? Because it's a fucking over-proprietary piece of shit operating system that only gets security patches once shit has already hit the fan (See: WindowsNT).

So yes. Mac OS 10.5 took more shots at the doctor's office. Clearly that means that Windows, which took less shots, because its mother refused to listen to its teacher telling her that it was coughing and sneezing in class, is a healthier operating system.

/rant

Agreed. I used to have a pc. Almost once a month I would get a virus. My computer would say "trojan detected" and you would never hear anything about it after that. After a year the hard drive was erased. Just to let you know, I had lavasoft and norton. Anyone who has had both a mac and a pc would know that pc's have shit loads of problems, both software and hardware and almost infinite amounts of spyware and viruses. My mac has never had one problem.

Apart from security issues the layout and processing power of macs are amazing. Although a mac's stats may be lower, what it does with the stats is ten times more effective than with a pc.

The Mac has only slightly worse internals, but has better build quality and failure rates, and a better OS.

Just tough it out, Macs are solid, and their CPUs don't decay, so it will stay powerful for longer than an Alienware would of anyway.
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Now with steam for mac, most of my PC games are also available on mac. Because of this, I will be adding a macbook pro to my small army of computers in the coming months.

thats it. game over. i only paly steam games nowadays.
mac have just /pc'd
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Also, why not just get windows on on your mac using bootcamp?
Last edited by athrax; Jun 19, 2010 at 02:51 AM.

Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Do you even know the importance and relevance of Secunia and how security reports/bulletins are generated and processed? And that argument of "because they can't afford them" is childish... How old are you?

i hope that the above posts outlined why you're wrong to you =)
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post

/rant

You're aware that Mac OS is mainly a Proprietary closed-source OS, much like Windows, aren't you? Just because a small number of its components are open source doesn't make it open-source. It doesn't even begin to qualify for an open-source license, that's why you don't get to study the code for the Mac system, in that regard, it follows a very similar closed source heavily-commercial philosophy with that of Windows. So don't over-exploit that fallacious argument.
If one outsider were to read your post without paying attention to the subject, he would've thought that you're talking about Linux where you have access to all code, and its community-based, where everybody - including the random dude down the block - is working to develop/improve the system. It's simply not like that. And Mac and Linux, although both are under the Unix umbrella, are like opposites of that spectrum.
So the members of a "open source" community couldn't help more even if they wanted to. Secunia has been known to identify enormous threats and security faults in Windows systems, as well as many specific problems found in closed and open-source Software.

Some other article:
http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kit-...safe-you-think

And that's also true for Linux. I always warn people that NO system is secure, and its very dangerous to be convinced of the contrary (that applies to developers too). Everybody should make an effort to keep it as safe as they can by not risking the integrity of system too much. And right now, I suspect that it'll start to hurt seriously for iPhones, macs and even Linux distributions, as they are getting popular by the day.

PS: You know what over-proprietary is? Apart from not providing the source code, its also not allowing customers to pick their own machines and hardware. That's over-proprietary.

Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
i hope that the above posts outlined why you're wrong to you =)

No it didn't as they were built on the fallacy that the open source community can do something about a close-source system such as Mac OS... From this assumption, I think quite a lot of things fail on your argument.
And don't get me wrong. I still would've preferred Mac (if there really was a freedom of use on a multitude of machines) to a Windows system, as I think that Windows monopolistic position has prevented the industry to grow, as *everything* spins around Windows, and Windows Vista was one of the biggest flops ever in history of Windows, as a result of that ingenuity and abuse of competition laws.
Personally, I use Linux. And even in Linux, I try not to believe that I'm 100% safe. Its just not a good policy, I've learned that in the few years that I'm alive.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 18, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi