The Toribash forum guide: An all round look into general forum etiquette and guidance on how to navigate safely
This is the general forum guide, if you are a newcomer you are highly recommended to read through this to get a good understanding of what's what on these forums.
There are a few terms that you may not be familiar to if you are new to forums, here is a brief list of some of these words:
- A board is a section of a forum dedicated to a specific area of discussion
- Is a board within a board
- A thread is a topic made by a member on a forum where people can discuss a certain topic. You can make a thread by clicking the new thread
button in any section of the forum.
- A post is a single comment within a thread, you can make a post by clicking the post reply
located above and/or below the list of posts in a thread.
- A locked thread is a thread which has been closed by a moderator, which means it cannot be posted in.
- A stickied thread is a thread which will stay at the top of the board above all other thread, because it is more important or more relevant.
- A shamed thread is a thread which is of little relevance, which could be considered as spam by a moderator. Any threads which are shamed are moved to a section of the forum called the hall of shame
- A fake currency that the Toribash community revolves around.
- A group of players who form a "team" by wearing tags before their names and doing bonding activities together (not bondage). This is explained better in the clan section of the guide.
For more explanations of Toribash related words and phrases, please see this thread
and this thread
Credits go to Moltee and Archlurps
We have lots of rules to keep order and prevent ridiculous behaviour. If you are found to break any rules on the forums you may be banned or infracted, so its best that you play by the rules, and then everyone can be happy. There are lots of threads with rules stated on them, so to make it easier to know what all the rules are, I have links to all of the forums rules here:
Discussion board rules
Replay board rules
Book of records rules
Suggestion board rules
Art board rules
Mods board rules
Lua board rules
Tutorials board rules
Support board rules
Market board rules
Rapid Thread board rules
Computer Chat board rules
Beginner's Sanctuary board rules
Clan board rules
On the forums and in the game of Toribash, there are various people with certain levels of authority. People with authority have there names in different colours than ordinary users:
- hampa, of course. He codes for the game, puts out betas and is currently working on Toribash Wii.
: Have the most powers, they have the powers of all of the groups listed below and they can do almost anything on the forums.
- Admins are lower-tier overseers. Basically the board of people that watch over the smods and make sure their job is being done, as well as dealing with more complicated scams.
: Have the power to ban or infract users, they can lock/delete/edit threads and posts. Their job is to provide help and keep formal order on the forums, and they also have server authority like ToriAgents do.
: Have in game authority over servers. They are generally expected to stop trouble happening and to reprimand any trouble makers if they are found. They also help any questions asked in-game from beginners along with organizing and hosting tournaments and events in-game.
: Have the ability to control the clan section of the forums, they can do such things as add new clans or delete clans.
- There are moderators for each board, shown at the bottom of the main page of each board. These moderators enforce rules and report to smods for help with infractions and the likes. They watch over one board (or multiple, if assigned) and keep people in line.
To see the list of members who come into these categories see this bit
of the forum
The Toribash forums are split into numerous sections, each section has its own specific purpose, and in this section you can post in threads, create brand new threads, and upload files on posts. Some sections of the forums have sub-sections. All the sections and sub-sections are listed below, there are lots of helpful links.
The general section of the forum contains six main boards:
This section contains any news about developments in Toribash, such as new releases. It also contains details about other things such as promotional offers, and every so often, there can be news of a Toribash meet-up wherever in the world.
The discussion board is an area for intelligent productive discussion, a wide range of topic can be discussed, some related to Toribash, some not. The threads in this section often have lots of text per post, so you might need to do a lot of reading of a thread before you fully understand it.
Rapid Threads is a place where you can ask you any curious question and any other idle chit-chat with the rest of the community. It is not strict and serious discussion but more mature and sensible than wibbles.
A place where you can discuss all the other games rather than Toribash.
A place where you can discuss all PC related topics and questions. You can also ask the community with your problems with your computer.
A place where you can discuss all music related topics and ask advice to which latest music you should listen too.