Toribash
Original Post
[Art] It's raining
Many different people show different interests to the weather.
Rain in particular, is usually depicted as being depressing, sad, miserable, etc.. In my opinion, I do find rain depressing but because of this I kind of enjoy it. I'm not so sure as to why, I'm guessing that I thoroughly enjoy it because of the change of mood/atmosphere.

Anyway, as I love rain so much I decided to draw it in a melancholic setting. The creature below is entirely made from my imagination, yes, I have a very very weird mind...

So, as i'm taking art for one of my courses i'm trying various styles to see what i'm really good at. Constructive critism is very much appreciated but please... no harsh comments.
Thanks!

With effects:-

Without effects:-
I really like the art style of this piece accept, the rain drops don't look like rain. It looks like you just scribbled on the page.
The rain drops are ment to go with the style of the character (as to why they're a bit sketchy, different angles..).
But thanks for the comment and i'll take it into consideration for next time.
dont understand why you'd make it dark and grungy "melancholic" if you enjoy it.

anyway, grung background makes up the majority of the atmosphere and without it, it just looks like a doodle with no real effort put into it. but it does suit the grungy background, so its chilled.
progressing it further with some lighter lineweight directional lines to give it a bit more of a 3D feel, give it more body, while still keeping it grungy and dirty, would add alot to this.

as it is, the style you're working in, is pretty limited to "cute emo internet drawings"
but with some refinement, and attention to detail, could progress into something different, and better.
keep the roughness and start gathering some knowledge and inspiration from other artists within the style. you can do rough and grungy without thick black outlines and creepy characters.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Thanks for the advice.
I'll try it without thick black outlines next time, I used the midtone tool a bit too much ;)
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
Many different people show different interests to the weather.
Rain in particular, is usually depicted as being depressing, sad, miserable, etc.. In my opinion, I do find rain depressing but because of this I kind of enjoy it. I'm not so sure as to why, I'm guessing that I thoroughly enjoy it because of the change of mood/atmosphere.

Anyway, as I love rain so much I decided to draw it in a melancholic setting. The creature below is entirely made from my imagination, yes, I have a very very weird mind...

So, as i'm taking art for one of my courses i'm trying various styles to see what i'm really good at. Constructive critism is very much appreciated but please... no harsh comments.
Thanks!

With effects:-

Without effects:-

da look of the face is a bit "drunkentard" not to be offensive but i didnt find any other way to descrive it.

also... i dont like rain... im metereopathic --- cant stand at bad weather

the fact it make you depressed andf you enoy it confuses me

-----
should it look depressing dark or whatelse?
Last edited by Chikin; Mar 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Wow, very nice man.

I liked the style of that draw.
But the feet is very "abstract" for me.
Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
the fact it make you depressed andf you enoy it confuses me

-----
should it look depressing dark or whatelse?

Oh jeez, give it a rest...
People find Metal depressing and enjoy it. I find the same with rain.

Lol, and this isn't emo guys. It's my view of the weather.
I don't think rain is sad, it's rather relaxing and cosy.

I think it looks interesting, but the character is without doubt a really sad creature.

Cute, and creative.
What program did you use? a specific brush? ben is a fag and deleted my last post...