ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Point system.
Right, had a quick look and this didn't -seem- to be suggested anywhere else, so forgive me if this is a transgression on any rules.

I was thinking that an optional point system would be pretty cool.
Rather than working on any contact with body parts = damage, perhaps a system based on modifying real pointing systems, such as that used by taekwondo would offer a nice alternative that could be used instead of the classic system if the op/modder so wishes.
I admit this is a personal point, but I really hate how people can win a game by kicking my shin and then running away (or some other variation thereof). I understand that if I was some kind of grand master this wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately this isn't my status and I still get beat by tripods.

Pointing where:
  • A punch to the torso or head gives one point
  • A kick to the torso gives one point
  • A kick to the head gives 2 points
  • A fracture on the: Knees, hips, glutes, elbows, pecs and shoulders gives 2 points
  • A fracture to the: abs, lumbar and chest gives 3 points
  • A dismemberment to: Anywhere but the wrists and ankles gives 4 points
  • A decap grants 5 points

Where 'punch' is a hit by the hand, and kick is a hit by the front of the shin (if possible) or the foot.

In addition, the force required to score points would be an alterable value, similar to the way dismemberment and fractures are alterable. This would reduce the amount of bullshit annoying point leads that can really make losses simply frustrating.
As previously stated, it would be optional to use this pointing system, or the current system.

Right, I think that's it... please read the whole post before criticizing.
Thanks.
Last edited by Fear; Oct 4, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
I think this could be a very fun option to play with. Wouldn't want all game modes to use this, of course, but it could definitely make for some fun mods. I'd like to have an option to make decaps an automatic win, though.
\o/
Originally Posted by Fear091 View Post

In addition, the force required to score points would be an alterable value, similar to the way dismemberment and fractures are alterable.

That's the part I liked.
It kind of balances your points system so that people can't just spam points with little baby slaps to the torso.
Supported.
Would work great as an additional system just for those who would like to use it.
retired
interesting, would work also on aikidobd to avoid points farming and to force 'play for dq'.
Supported.Suggested it several times + asked it in the interview with hampa..So he probably put it on the to do list or not..:P
damage threshold is a great idea..and would force people to focus on good clean hits..
-----
Originally Posted by Scorpio000 View Post
interesting, would work also on aikidobd to avoid points farming and to force 'play for dq'.

Just set self damage...
Last edited by William; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
This points system could change the whole toribash because the points system that works at moment is one random.
I would welcome any improvement to the points system. I don't really understand how exactly the current point system works.
I support this idea. I like the idea in particular that decaps and DM give the most points, since you can grab someones head for more damage than pulling off both their legs or head.
Plus it adds more incentive to DQ your opponent (When DQ applies). And the force element stops silly taps from racking up points.
interesting. i support this aswell

EDIT: will be extremely awesome to be able to do it with modding, so it may introduce new mods where you will have specific objectives etc
Last edited by snake; Oct 2, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15