Ranking
Oh look, zayex is advocating an awful system.

There obviously is something very wrong with him. Rehabilitation is the best option imo.
Hoss.
Gosh, that is painful. I listened to the whole thing, and its really heart-breaking.

I've read a bit about it and it seems like he was pretty normal prior to this.

I definitely do not support him being tortured or sentenced to death. I don't know if I believe in the death penalty, but this kid just needs help.

Rehabilitation and jail time would probably be fine. (I hope)
inq.
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
I'm not exempt from my statement hahaha. But nah, kids murdering their family for no apparent reason is my one pet peeve. I can't even begin to muster an once of simpathy whatsoever and my instincts just tell me to stab him repeatedly.

Edit: And oh yeah, forgot to mention:

This kid should be put to death or face 50 years to life.

Saying "oh, he seems so normal and it's so sad because he's shocked." is pretty rediculous. He himself said "I don't know why I wanted to kill them, I just felt like killing someone" If he was on drugs, or was abused by his family, then it would seem less horrific, but he even said "I only killed them because I hate their tone of voice when then speak"

This kid is most likely a sociopath, or plays too many violent videogames.

(I'm just intolerant of people like him, I wouldn't lose my shit over anything else btw)

That's your one pet peeve, huh?

At what point in the conversation did the kid say that violent video games had an effect on what he did? I don't know if you listened to the audio tape or not, but I'm pretty sure that kid had major psychological problems, and he felt like his family was "constricting" him, as he says during the conversation. There obviously were reasons for him murdering his mom and sister, whether or not it be about them or something else. He didn't kill them because of "the tone of voice when they speak", he didn't even talk about tone of voice. He mentioned a lot about racism with his sister, as well as probably arguments, a lot of hatred, etc.

This kid deserves punishment and rehabilitation, yes, but repeatedly stabbing him with a knife is a bit overboard.. I guess in the world of Zayex where your one pet peeve is "kids murdering their family for no apparent reason", that makes sense.

Originally Posted by sham View Post
Gosh, that is painful. I listened to the whole thing, and its really heart-breaking.

I've read a bit about it and it seems like he was pretty normal prior to this.

I definitely do not support him being tortured or sentenced to death. I don't know if I believe in the death penalty, but this kid just needs help.

Rehabilitation and jail time would probably be fine. (I hope)

I agree with you completely. He doesn't need to be thrown into the prison life or anything like that, he needs psychological rehabilitation and a lot of mental help.
Last edited by Faint; Oct 9, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
I cant even bring myself to listen to the audio file. But none the less I'm still an eye for an eye sort of man, albeit a lenient one. Severe 'crimes' should defiantly be punished with the same consequence bestowed on their victim (Ex. Homicide) The only problem with this would be the court of law. I find the system has never really worked, mainly because who are we, random people to choose the punishment of someone's crime?
Originally Posted by Forgive View Post
I cant even bring myself to listen to the audio file. But none the less I'm still an eye for an eye sort of man, albeit a lenient one. Severe 'crimes' should defiantly be punished with the same consequence bestowed on their victim (Ex. Homicide) The only problem with this would be the court of law. I find the system has never really worked, mainly because who are we, random people to choose the punishment of someone's crime?

We are society. It is our job to deal with people. Hammurabi's laws weren't absolute, fyi, the rich were able to pay their way out of it. You agree to it when you accept our constitutions, or laws, or whatever traditions entailed in society, and in exchange, we offer you those rights and whatnot in order to better the average quality of life. It is why people no longer fight bears and wolves on a daily basis for survival. It is why we don't enslave people in the traditional sense(financially we do, though.)

This kid should be rehabilitated. You honestly have no idea what mental illnesses do to people; few people do, but, if you'd only understand the gravity of it, you'd agree that they should be rehabilitated.
Last edited by Hyde; Oct 9, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
This kid should be rehabilitated. You honestly have no idea what mental illnesses do to people; few people do, but, if you'd only understand the gravity of it, you'd agree that they should be rehabilitated.

I cannot argue with the first bit, pitting opinion against opinion is senseless. I do however, have a unpopular opinion in the sense why not just kill off all of those mentally ill? Sure it's inhumane to kill (by law) but why shouldn't we be able to make our community stronger, more intelligent? I don't want a spiel about morals, or how it makes the world a more enriched place, so to speak. Why not kill this boy, who apparently to most seem to suffer from some kind of illness? Be it age? By 17 you should know your rights from wrong.
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
You still believe that shit?

Originally Posted by kball View Post
He killed family period has nothing to do with violent video games.

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
That's your one pet peeve, huh?

At what point in the conversation did the kid say that violent video games had an effect on what he did? I don't know if you listened to the audio tape or not, but I'm pretty sure that kid had major psychological problems, and he felt like his family was "constricting" him, as he says during the conversation. There obviously were reasons for him murdering his mom and sister, whether or not it be about them or something else. He didn't kill them because of "the tone of voice when they speak", he didn't even talk about tone of voice. He mentioned a lot about racism with his sister, as well as probably arguments, a lot of hatred, etc.

This kid deserves punishment and rehabilitation, yes, but repeatedly stabbing him with a knife is a bit overboard.. I guess in the world of Zayex where your one pet peeve is "kids murdering their family for no apparent reason", that makes sense.

Just to prove a point.

Violent videogames make you desensitized to violence and death, and conditioned to brutally murdering another creature. Chances are, someone who plays gears of war all day is more likely to not be affected by the consequences of murder than someone who is a flower child.

And just because he feels his family is "consricting him" does not in any way give him the right to murder them in cold blood.

He murdered two innocent people, and you think he needs rehabilitation? For all we know, his mom told him to clean his room too many times, and that's what did it. The article says they were a very reknown and respected family. (They live in a damn gated community, he was not in a ghetto family abuse situation) If somebody walked into your house and killed your family, would you really want them to be "rehabilitated"?

People can snap at any time; just because he was normal, young, confused, and feels remorseful, that does not mean he is exempt for his crimes. I don't think you all understand the severity of capital murder. One of my friends had a friend, who always seemed normal, albeit a bit shy. One day he went to school with a magnum and shot 2 students (1 may have died I think). Just because somebody may have called him names.

I think the justice system is pathetic, I don't want a society of reformed criminals. It only sems fair that his life should end after ending the lives of a middle-aged woman and a young teenage girl. Eye for an eye policy.

Edit: Like I said before, the boy said "It didn't matter who I killed, I just felt like killing. Also because I hate the way people talk in negative tones" and "I didn't want them to feel pain, I wanted it to be over fast. It's like everything went wrong" He also said he shot his mom 4 times, and his sister twice.

Edit: Oh yeah, @Faint: If I didn't listen to the audio file, I wouldn't have commented.
Last edited by NormalCitizen; Oct 9, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Originally Posted by Faint
I agree with you completely. He doesn't need to be thrown into the prison life or anything like that, he needs psychological rehabilitation and a lot of mental help.

Totally agree.
Prisons or being sentenced to death are wrong, it will just cause more problems because of vengeance etc.
I support Faint's statement for giving him psychological rehabilitation and a lot of mental helps because that is just the right answer.
Enigma | Indonesian?
rip aelise, she wil b remembrd
Originally Posted by jokerstein View Post
I support Faint's statement for giving him psychological rehabilitation and a lot of mental helps because that is just the right answer.

But is it? I bet your answer would change on your life experiences. Seeing how you're a rehabilitation guy, I'd say nothing major has happened in your life where you'd want revenge. It's a blind guess really, but things might way in the favour of death penalty in your mind if say someone killed your family. A sisters boyfriend or what not. Would you still want this boy to get put in rehabilitation?
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
Saying "oh, he seems so normal and it's so sad because he's shocked." is pretty rediculous. He himself said "I don't know why I wanted to kill them, I just felt like killing someone" If he was on drugs, or was abused by his family, then it would seem less horrific, but he even said "I only killed them because I hate their tone of voice when then speak"

No one kills someone for no reason, I'm pretty sure that he has/were having some kind of problem.
jirado no viraya