Toribash
I worked a few min to make this chair to add to my examples, for some reason the textures always bug out for me and become a single color.

Chair

|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I worked a few min to make this chair to add to my examples, for some reason the textures always bug out for me and become a single color.

Chair

Do you select the faces and texture them seperately.... :/
Originally Posted by RussD3x View Post
Do you select the faces and texture them seperately.... :/

I learned from this tutorial.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen

Ah yeah, I've seen this tutorial a few times. I just keep getting stuck.

progress

I have made some progress though, before hand there was only black... atleast I know somethings happening...
-----
Yo, Ezeth. Question here. In the tori-forger-item-thingy-team are there people who only model items or do you have to be able to model and texture. As I'm excelling in the modelling stage but texturing is by far beyond me. I was just wondering if I should focus on one thing rather than struggling and wasting time with the other. Or if I need to learn to do the texturing.
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Ah yeah, I've seen this tutorial a few times. I just keep getting stuck.

progress

I have made some progress though, before hand there was only black... atleast I know somethings happening...
-----
Yo, Ezeth. Question here. In the tori-forger-item-thingy-team are there people who only model items or do you have to be able to model and texture. As I'm excelling in the modelling stage but texturing is by far beyond me. I was just wondering if I should focus on one thing rather than struggling and wasting time with the other. Or if I need to learn to do the texturing.

0.o what the hell is wrong with that uv mapping. It should work :/ Try to colour whole texture image lets see what happens.

I'm not a forger or sth but I would suggest learning texturing too. Dont just think for toribash. 3D Modelling(animationing is a job. So why dont you learn it completely if you like?
-----

I suggest this Mack. It work for Russ...

CLICK ME!
Last edited by IBlackleon; Jul 28, 2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leon The Black
Originally Posted by IBlackleon View Post
0.o what the hell is wrong with that uv mapping. It should work :/ Try to colour whole texture image lets see what happens.

I'm not a forger or sth but I would suggest learning texturing too. Dont just think for toribash. 3D Modelling(animationing is a job. So why dont you learn it completely if you like?
-----

I suggest this Mack. It work for Russ...

CLICK ME!

Colouring the whole texture just makes it void again...
Colouring the whole texture just makes it void again...

I'm gonna work on it tomorrow. There should be a way
Leon The Black
Originally Posted by IBlackleon View Post
I'm gonna work on it tomorrow. There should be a way

Okay man, thanks so much.

yeah some prefer to just model, but you should learn texturing too since its a fairly basic part of 3D artistry. You should definitely be able to UV map properly as well.
also laying out UV properly is different from just laying out UV, you should use as much of the UV space as possible and have the uv islands divided in to logical and easy to texture parts.

Also try to bake ambient occlusion to the texture, it makes it easier to texture the object

Doing 3d art is a never ending process of learning, so never get satisfied with your skill in 3D and always try to keep learning new stuff. Once you think you know everything you will stop getting better, and the more you learn about the program the more you will realize that you know nothing.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:22 AM.