ES Recruitment Drive
Return fire!

Sumi gaeshi: He managed to leg around but couldn't save this one
Hiza Guruma: Blocked the leg, almost DQ'd myself
Attached Files
Sumi Gaeshi 5.rpl (54.7 KB, 5 views)
Hiza Guruma 3.rpl (52.5 KB, 9 views)
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post

pretty sure this has cross over not sure where but somewhere. probably when you're trying to intergrate a new move learnt from tiers.

Good concept but i normally dont like stephen kesting. He's like the white belt level of bjj videos.
----
So I was looking up what a sumi gaeshi is to compare to one of Iskenos's replays and I found this and theres something about it I found to be pretty inspiring.

The first but smaller detail i noticed is that wrapping foot-hook she secured gave some crazy control.

The second is how this judoka seamlessly transitioned the direction of attack just through leverage.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Iskenos View Post
Return fire!

Sumi gaeshi: He managed to leg around but couldn't save this one
Hiza Guruma: Blocked the leg, almost DQ'd myself

I like that hop-in style leg kick that you did in the hiza guruma replay. Do you have any more of those?
-----
its been a while

just gonna share some of my most recent replays.

turnover (3) - this first one is pretty funny i dropped right away and then launched this guy with a basic turnover.

armdrag single (2) - arm drag entry into a single while flow was headhunting. i hit the overturn single with just the right timing that flow overcompensated his landing foot and got squashed.

kosoto gake (2) - a timeless classic.

kick check - seoi nage (6) - if you guys haven't tried this combo u should, i have six of them.
Attached Files
bushido - turnover (3).rpl (57.7 KB, 5 views)
judo - kosoto gake (2).rpl (41.3 KB, 4 views)
kick check - seoi nage (6).rpl (43.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 21, 2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
That was a great throw, I'm glad you found it. And yes, changing direction in attack is crucial in judo, or just about any martial art style. As for the wrapping foot hook, I don't know how viable that is for toribash, but I'll look into it, as for real life, it has pros and cons, pro being it gives you control of uke's outside leg, con being you could injure your ankle pretty badly.
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
I like that hop-in style leg kick that you did in the hiza guruma replay. Do you have any more of those?
-----
its been a while

just gonna share some of my most recent replays.

turnover (3) - this first one is pretty funny i dropped right away and then launched this guy with a basic turnover.

armdrag single (2) - arm drag entry into a single while flow was headhunting. i hit the overturn single with just the right timing that flow overcompensated his landing foot and got squashed.

kosoto gake (2) - a timeless classic.

kick check - seoi nage (6) - if you guys haven't tried this combo u should, i have six of them.

I like that kosoto, looks exactly like something I would do. The seoi was a bit unorthodox, but it was good. That armdrag was flawless.

I have lots of throws with that "Hop-in" setup, I'll post some for you:
Attached Files
Yoko Otoshi 2.rpl (51.8 KB, 4 views)
Sumi Gaeshi 5.rpl (54.7 KB, 4 views)
Ko Soto Gari 2.rpl (32.9 KB, 4 views)
Originally Posted by Iskenos View Post
I like that kosoto, looks exactly like something I would do. The seoi was a bit unorthodox, but it was good. That armdrag was flawless.

I have lots of throws with that "Hop-in" setup, I'll post some for you:

Nice but that hiza guruma 3 replay is still the best example. It looks like a pendulum kick (bad name for this technique but watever). Where ur rear leg takes the place of the lead leg while ur lead leg throws a short and safe leg kick.

Very cool looking but idk how effective it will be in aikido.

----
More replays.

switch kick (3) -

OOOoohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

grip fighting - beautiful match! at the beginning i decided I would focus on grip switches and i surprised myself. dynamic gripping is a concept that often ignore and forget how effective it is. as for the break down i try a scissor sweep that botched and picked the ankle and from there i fought to grip his floor contacts and then blasted him off his hand base.

flow - single, drop half throw, pin pressure - self explainitory.

head triangle - a silly technique that i rarely catch. it was more of me sitting on his head then a real triangle.
Attached Files
striking - switch kick (3).rpl (30.5 KB, 6 views)
flow - grip fighting.rpl (85.5 KB, 4 views)
bjj - head triangle (4).rpl (68.7 KB, 4 views)
Toribash Martial Artists
I think i want to build an advanced concepts tier to complement T3. that would include general techniques like misdirecting, maybe circling and something about footwork and one more.
Last edited by footlox; Feb 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
I don't think that's necessary, but it would still be nice to have more in-depth guides about it.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
idk what the thing i did in the koz vs mrjingles replay was but it looked damn cool

and that decap was cool vs nugget

could someone tell me what that was vs jingles if it was anything?
Attached Files
koz vs jingles TA.rpl (49.8 KB, 5 views)
koz vs nugget DECAP.rpl (44.0 KB, 4 views)
you're on thin ice, pal