ES Recruitment Drive
yeah i could do that but it'll have to wait a little since i'm really busy atm, there's much going on in my life and i don't really have the possibility to play much TB nor the will atm
I think what you're looking for is technique versatility. Having razor sharp techniques paired with a high fight IQ makes you adapt and overcome any opposing game plan that the opponent may bring to the table.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
what do you think is the best method if someone is trying to help someone improve their fight IQ?
Show them one move, like a level change, that they can hit from many different situations to set up a throw.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
do you think its right to tell them to imagine its like a web with the strands connecting different situations?
I think that's alright. It's better to think of it as action/reaction though in my opinion.
---------------
-------<
-----< -----------
------------
----- <
----------

more like that ^
p.s not like that its not working for some reason. should we structure it more like a forked road.
There are way too many possibilities to make a single web for; your graph would be massive. I think it would be easier to understand if you broke it down to a few principles to follow based on several different actions by the opponent. For example: "When your opponent tries to set up a lift, drop your cog and create space between to kill the lift. After his lift is killed you can set up a counterattack."