Ranking
Original Post
How does Toribash earn money?
Theres no ADs anywhere and its a completely f2p game, and I doubt people actually buy TC for these prices since you can just buy them from players for much cheaper. How is Toribash still alive, and does it generate any revenues?
Ayyyy

Boosters bought by TC sellers, Prime/VIP subs, users buying QI or items for $

If you dig around the net you'll find a bunch of old articles about how TB is monetized, seems it was unique enough at the time to be considered news; these days it's practically the norm.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Wouldn't illegalizing TC trading for real currency between players solve a lot of issues?
A lot of games do that. If so, why hasn't it been done here yet?
Ayyyy

Originally Posted by loay1234 View Post
Wouldn't illegalizing TC trading for real currency between players solve a lot of issues?
A lot of games do that. If so, why hasn't it been done here yet?

Bit hard to regulate. You can't prevent someone sending $ to a paypal, which means you'd have to somehow have to catch/stop people sending tc to each other without collateral which is also v difficult. Could just be a gift or the users "genuinely think an orc grip is work 600k".
Originally Posted by loay1234 View Post
and I doubt people actually buy TC for these prices since you can just buy them from players for much cheaper.

they do. quite a few people do.

not everyone knows the forums, not everyone wants to get active in them, not all users are trustworthy to send ur money to etc. etc.

and because they dont know better, they buy the TC officially as its the safest way.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
If I had to guess, main income is from subscriptions (like boosters, vip) and TC sales.

Recently I have came across an account that has bought a cyborg set using USD, which is I believe 100$. Toribash profits quite a lot from people unaware about forums and/or the market that is established within.
Maybe some people just avoid shady deals in a new game they try...some people put money into items, etc
That's good.
Toribash needs money for developing
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals