ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
anime== boi
since im new to making heads i thought i would make a normal over used anime head kinda thing

can i have CnC how to shade how to make eyes etc

https://www.toribashtextures.com/texture.php?id=653

advice plz

heres flat(old one)

https://imgur.com/a/eo6C1 imgur wouldnt let me put it here soooooo just click?

updated flat:

img

Last edited by Stance; Nov 11, 2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: update

Is this a joke? If not, then its a decent start, but could definitely use more shading, better details and perhaps you could actually look at the way 'anime' is drawn.
ohmergawd
not a joke. I don't really watch anime so I kinda just threw something on there and I didn't know what to call it ill add shading more details also take away the pervert eyes and ill also make sure to add more details thanks for the CnC

Ok so first off I recommend looking at weooweoo's art (i think). He makes easily some of the best cartoon heads.
So comparing to his art is how I will be giving this Cnc so it may be harsh and a lot to take in, but trust me this will help <3.
So, first of all, is the shading. I am no even going to say anything on this. Just watch this video made by Calamity.
Also watch this video for anime hair.
And this video ;p
The second vid is kind of a step by step, but practicing can help tremendously.
Also, stop using the pen tool, try drawing some basic reference sketches on paper and either vectorizing it in Adobe Illustrator or Adobe PhotoShop.
If you do not have accessibility to these programs use gimp preferably.
Then you cant trace some of your smooth linings over to digital art.
If you have a draw tablet this is an unnecessary step, just draw smooth with the tablet instead of making blocky shapes.
This was not a whole lot of cnc but I hope I could help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Be Cool. Have Style.
first off not harsh at all this is actually amazing CnC

thanks for the resources ill be sure to watch those in a couple of minutes
i thank you greatly i also have seen the vid by calamity but i shall watch it again and see how he shades considering i use the same program '

thanks!

Using a template for mapping would be very helpful. I'd post one here but I'm too lazy and on phone, so Google "Head Texture Template", you'll find a 1024x512 one. That's what I recommend to get better detail.

Work on your overall mapping, eye shape, and hair mapping. The best way to improve on that is to watch some anime style art tutorials in shading and blending colors - Shading, Lighting, etc... And how to create the anime eye look. They're all unique so find some you like most and recreate it WITHOUT cheating (cropping, copy and paste)

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Maybe you should watch some anime?

And implement the use of layers k. Separate sketch from ink from template from color from shading from lighting from CH. More organized and less risk.

Easiest way to do anime eyes is gradient followed by water colored black followed by color dodge white and normal white.

Bone apple tea.
Meh. I think I need to quit toribash for a bit.
bone apple tea to you also yuma

thatnks for the amazing tips and i will try watching anime
i will implement the tips given to my next head

thanks!

p.s: its still my pole yuma
Last edited by Stance; Nov 13, 2017 at 10:35 PM.