Toribash
Originally Posted by Platavion View Post
Cant vpn solve this

VPN's aren't specifically that safe alone. Usage of them to bypass bandwidth restrictions could possibly be made illegal, and like I said in the sentence before, you can't just hide behind one. But i'm sure if net neutrality was repealed, illegal services would probably start popping up. Also the thing that scares me the most would be the fact that ISP's could monitor your traffic and receive info about things that you do on the internet and monitor and charge access to them accordingly.
Last edited by Papa; Nov 29, 2017 at 05:47 PM.
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
Originally Posted by FreshKek View Post
VPN's aren't specifically that safe alone. Usage of them to bypass bandwidth restrictions could possibly be made illegal, and like I said in the sentence before, you can't just hide behind one. But i'm sure if net neutrality was repealed, illegal services would probably start popping up. Also the thing that scares me the most would be the fact that ISP's could monitor your traffic and receive info about things that you do on the internet and monitor and charge access to them accordingly.

ISPs can already monitor your traffic. It's not hard to do, you can literally find out everything that's going on in a public network using a laptop with wifi and a packet sniffer. I may not be able to use the encrypted information stored in the packet, but I can figure out where it originated from and where it's intended destination is just by reading the packet header, and that's more than enough information to start establishing an idea of what services people are using.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
It's a possibility for sure, but now it's a possibility that they now will act on monitoring our packet information in order to maximize on their "cash boner".

i like the term "cash boner"
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
They already make money off of it. Congress repealed restrictions on ISPs selling your browsing history earlier this year.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
It'd appear I'm more ignorant of the situation than I originally thought. Thanks for the info!