Ranking
Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
I don't care about it actually but I think that when someone thinks it could dishonor the champion integrity somehow, his/her opinion should be considered.

*totally not my actual opinion, but to illustrate why the above sentiment is flawed*

I believe any champion that's black shouldn't be allowed because black people aren't capable of being champions because they're inferior and ruin the integrity of the champion.

*ending of false opinion*

ya no. Some opinions need to be checked at the door because they're just not appropriate.

Getting annoyed that Rammus has a holiday where people roll around in the streets to worship him is acceptable levels of annoyance at dumb lore decisions, because it's actually stupid. Getting annoyed that a homosexual couple is the new body for a malicious champion for no reason other than they're homosexual is just being intolerant. What honestly would make it more appropriate if they were a heterosexual couple?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I can't think about anything either, I'm not saying to consider unfounded statements. If the person actually have a well-founded argument for his opinion it's worthy discussing that's all.

and IMO that was a really great call from Riot, wasn't an empty lore, was a well thought and has a genuine accompanying music video to it.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
*totally not my actual opinion, but to illustrate why the above sentiment is flawed*

I believe any champion that's black shouldn't be allowed because black people aren't capable of being champions because they're inferior and ruin the integrity of the champion.

*ending of false opinion*

ya no. Some opinions need to be checked at the door because they're just not appropriate.

Getting annoyed that Rammus has a holiday where people roll around in the streets to worship him is acceptable levels of annoyance at dumb lore decisions, because it's actually stupid. Getting annoyed that a homosexual couple is the new body for a malicious champion for no reason other than they're homosexual is just being intolerant. What honestly would make it more appropriate if they were a heterosexual couple?

It's just a wishy-washy argument that he's making right? How can someone make the argument that sexuality doesn't matter and then give a shit when someone happens to be gay? If we accept this to be mildly accurate:
https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.e...T-Apr-2011.pdf

About 3.5% of people are gay. So if there were that same distribution in League, we'd assume at least around 5 champions are gay?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
There's at least 2 if we're counting Varus as gay by proxy, Eve is heavily implied to be pansexual, and that's about it. So they're not far off from that rate.

Either way, nobody should really give a shit about any of the champions' sexuality cause you ain't fucking any of them.
the reason why people were pissed by it is because varus' past lore was alright and such a big change wasn't needed, considering that they just wanted him to be linked to the darkin shit
also the issue is not that he's gay, it's just that it seems really forced and unnecessary. keep in mind that in the old lore varus has a family that gets killed afterwards (which is the reason why he goes batshit), and they take this away for a gay couple that gets possessed by him or some shit, so the tragic aspect is also gone
Originally Posted by basic View Post
the reason why people were pissed by it is because varus' past lore was alright and such a big change wasn't needed, considering that they just wanted him to be linked to the darkin shit
also the issue is not that he's gay, it's just that it seems really forced and unnecessary. keep in mind that in the old lore varus has a family that gets killed afterwards (which is the reason why he goes batshit), and they take this away for a gay couple that gets possessed by him or some shit, so the tragic aspect is also gone

Okay but again, what do you mean by "big change"? Being gay has absolutely nothing to do with how Varus interacts with his environment nor is it even slightly something alluded to in game play. It's not like his new arrow is his penis shooting at your asshole.

I sort of view Varus being gay like literally anyone else being gay: I don't care what you do in the bedroom with your consenting lover, just be a cool person.

I think to even say it's "really forced and unnecessary" implies it's a really big character trait or something. But it isn't. Who gives a shit what skin color, race, sexuality, or religion this dude belongs to. The characteristic is only as forced as how far they push the story around it. Which in Varus case both in story and in his in-game kit - is like not at all.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Reasons to not play ranked during pre season:
1. People wont take it seriously
2. You're just going to make your ELO lower if you constantly lose
3. No one knows what the new runes do

Also, the new runes are bullshit. It does not give you stats like health,armor, and mr unless you pick the resolve runes.

The glass cannon meta is real

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by basic View Post
keep in mind that in the old lore varus has a family that gets killed afterwards (which is the reason why he goes batshit), and they take this away for a gay couple that gets possessed by him or some shit, so the tragic aspect is also gone

His old lore was just tentacle pants batman. Hardly a good lore, average at best. I can describe it as such:

*varoos and npc standing around pit*

unimportant npc: HEY VAROOS U SPESHUL GARD DIS PIT WITH GOO

varoos: K BOSS

unimportant npc: O BTDUBS DONT LEAVE UR POST TO PROTEC FAMILY

varoos: K BOS- wai wut

*nOxIAn InvAsIOn*

varoos: MY FAMIRY IS DED. TIEM TO MAEK PACT WIT GOO

*exuent tentacle batman*

Obviously I'm parodying it, but I've literally hit all the plot points of old Varus lore.
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
Reasons to not play ranked during pre season:
1. People wont take it seriously
2. You're just going to make your ELO lower if you constantly lose
3. No one knows what the new runes do

Also, the new runes are bullshit. It does not give you stats like health,armor, and mr unless you pick the resolve runes.
The glass cannon meta is real

If the 5 people on their team don't take it seriously and don't know what the runes do, and you do, then only 4 people on your team have that problem. Advantage you.

When new runes came out, champions were compensated for lack of health armor and mr.

Glass Cannon meta? Well when people just want to pew pew things they don't pick tanks but that doesn't mean you have to go along with it. Ornn and Maokai are still busted top. Almost all the best junglers are tanks. 4 of the top 5 supports right now are tanks.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
It is a poke meta, due to a combination of comet being good and lethality being good, since champions that make use of both well are poke champs.

Glass cannon builds are more common because of that. Tanking through the current poke is pretty obnoxious, better to just murderball into them and kill them before poke can begin.