Ranking
i think it would be a good study candidate for grab tricks in the academy. this style of move also works against shovels.
Attached Files
akido no showdgbdgvcb.rpl (49.3 KB, 3 views)
So I want to revive this thread to bring one particular move into light, I've been using it a lot and Roux has mentioned it before too. Peak throw. This move is all in the legs and torso, not unlike a suplex. In the replays below you can see I approach this throw in two ways, both rotating into the throw, or using my legs to uproot uke's base directly. I usually use this technique when uke's COG is high and I have the ability to extend one arm and contract the other.

I think this should be added to the knew KB once we get it underway
Attached Files
Peak Throw 1.rpl (32.6 KB, 5 views)
Peak Throw 2.rpl (46.7 KB, 6 views)
Peak Throw 3.rpl (47.0 KB, 4 views)
Peak Throw 4.rpl (38.4 KB, 4 views)
Getting really rusty.
Attached Files
r.abd.-rustyfosty.rpl (63.6 KB, 34 views)
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Peak throw looks pretty basic. It looks like something we've all done when we overextended and can't flow into a full throw.
-----
If roux can show me some replays im sure we can fit into KB.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 15, 2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
If we've all done it, why must roux be the specific one to provide replays?

I skimmed through the threads here in TA and recovered a lot of my old replays, I've discovered some buried treasure, and added some new stuff as well.
Attached Files
Uki Goshi 1.rpl (38.2 KB, 4 views)
Front Uchi Mata 1.rpl (52.1 KB, 5 views)
Ko Uchi Gari 1.rpl (24.8 KB, 6 views)
I just want to see more peak Throw replays for the demo
-----
Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
Getting really rusty.

Still a good arm swap counter at the end. Nice job u should really post more.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 16, 2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
Could we define a peak throw or peaking as an arm swap that projects upwards since the lowered arm's elbow is contracted and the raised arm's elbow is extended?

I also like the word peak because it suggests you reached the upper limit of your back arch capability.
-----
We could possibly use this in place of the arm swap in principle techniques.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 17, 2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
I wouldn't call it an arm swap. It's simply a suplex with one arm raised+extended and the other arm lowered+contracted.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
What could we call the opposite of the peak swap: where we extend the lower arm's elbow and contract the raise arms elbow. (maybe this would be the proper snap-down definition)
-----
one arm raise + one arm lowered = arm swap. yes theres more to the throw than that i understand.
-----
in this replay especially it looks like half of a full throw (but not a half throw) bc of only one arm swap.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 17, 2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists