Ranking
Original Post
Legalization of LSD and Shrooms
Saw the thread about the legalization of weed, and thought it was obvious that weed should be legal, but on the other hand some psychedelics such as LSD, and psilocybin mushrooms I feel are a little more controversial and I wanted to see the opinions of everyone here on TB. I personally think that psychedelics should be legalized, the chances of overdose on these drugs are very low and some people refer to them as tools.
Thoughts?
Legalized for recreational use?

I haven't tried either of them (yet) so maybe I'm just spewing shit, but from what I read it's something that requires a certain level of supervision to reduce the risk of it going south. The world today appears to be having some sort of fucking epidemic of mental health issues and I think that, if used correctly, psychedelics can be used to treat this. On the other hand, people are stupid and I wouldn't trust someone that's in a deep depression the power to buy drugs that mess with their psychological state. Look at codeine, it's a drug that's pretty good at what it does but it gets in the hands of people who don't have their head straight and suddenly it's an evil drug.
So basically LSD and Shrooms are cool and all but how would it be regulated?

I think we should give researchers the freedom to access these drugs, and then we can come to conclusions.
Last edited by Dinis; Apr 28, 2018 at 06:16 PM.
I mean, obviously it's a bad idea. Psychedelic drugs are known to cause severe hallucinations that can easily make the user feel many different emotions that might endanger user or people around him/her. Person can feel suicidal or homicidal and I don't really have to explain why that's bad. Long term side effects include anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia, aggressive and violent behaviours, etc.

Also how about the fact that you can literally go into coma if you overdose? I'm surprised there is even a discussion about this, anyone who uses drugs like these on a regular basis are bound to go insane at some point in their life.
Last edited by Smaguris; May 2, 2018 at 10:58 PM.
I think all drugs should be legal with moderation.

I feel that if we regulate them and control the people using them the problem with all of it being on the streets would be solved.
have any of you ever tried LSD? i don’t mean to sound like a dumbass druggie (which i’m not) but it’s a very unpredictable drug. i don’t think it should be legalized to the public. but i do think that in the right hands, scientists could gain valuable data by running tests with the drug. i don’t have the time to go more in depth right now, but if any of you want me to explain my reasoning further let me know.
w
Absolutely not. LSD is an incredibly unpredictable drug and should not be legalized. I've had friends who have done LSD and they say that about half the time its a bad trip and they start seeing things. Also, I don't understand why psychedelics would be used to treat mental illness

i miss you ocean
Id say they could be legal with moderation. extreme moderation, because its just about guaranteed if you take a tab and try n drive you're fucked
-----
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
Absolutely not. LSD is an incredibly unpredictable drug and should not be legalized. I've had friends who have done LSD and they say that about half the time its a bad trip and they start seeing things. Also, I don't understand why psychedelics would be used to treat mental illness

When people have bad trips its mainly because they are not content with their life and have not prepared themselves and the setting that they are going to be in for the next 12 hours for a LSD trip. Tell them to legitimately meditate a few hours before hand, and to remember that everything during the trip isnt real. It always help to write own a card "by this time I will be fine" just as a saftely net for a bad trip. As well as earbuds and nice calming music like M83 to help relax. If youre not a free spirit and you try to take LSD 9.7/10 its going to end in a bad trip for you. LSD should also not be taken when just anyone. doesnt matter if its your closest friend they need to be compatible with the trip that you want to have. I've had tripsitters that have intentionally played evil type music to fuck with us and we made him leave, because even though he is a cool dude, he has never taken the drug and does not understand in the slightest. its also smart to stay away from mirrors and noodles, it can get weird really fast if you have a creative mind, which everyone does on LSD. I can give more tips and tricks later if you bois want, im very experienced. As well as with something called mind looping, i've essentially "mastered" it as it is the only type of trip i have whether i smoke weed or pop LSD/ Shrooms. Im curious whether or not the same thing will happen with DMT but i haven had the balls to try yet
-----
*without preperation
-----
(line 3)
-----
LSD will take you on a journey through yourself and you will literally pick yourself apart following the emotions of the music. You will begin to understand parts about yourself that you have hidden, and the best thing to do is to let it happen. LSD is quite predictable once youve taken it once and actually tried to understand it.

One thing people dont notice until they trip sit people on LSD is that all you really do is sit around listening to music and looking at random objects around your house. One great pass time for LSD is in al seriousness watching rick and morty it can be quite amazing.
Please let me know if you would like me to explain the loop

im actually gonna make a thread for drugs so people can read about it if they feel iffy about taking a drug
Last edited by Micah; May 3, 2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The 2 main reasons why I think that they should be legalized is because it will be easier for independent organizations to do studies on their potential beneficial effects, and it will make it easier for the government to control the safety of these substances. There is no recorded case of anyone taking a lethal dose of LSD, but there are recorded cases of a lethal overdose with things commonly sold as LSD on the streets such as 25I-NBOMe.
Legalisation of anything increases dealing of it in every level. Just like weed, just because it's legalised it didn't get off the streets, if anything more and more people are being involved with dealing it. Also what is your idea of "moderation"? You can't really moderate something, as soon as it becomes legal in any level people will find ways to get their hands on the supply and deal it illegally.

Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
There is no recorded case of anyone taking a lethal dose of LSD, but there are recorded cases of a lethal overdose with things commonly sold as LSD on the streets such as 25I-NBOMe.

However, there are many recorded cases of people committing murders while high on LSD that they have no recollection of after the trip, which is objectively worse.
Smaguris you’re gonna have to start citing valid sources for your claims or do some research.

Psychedelics, or any substance for that matter shouldn’t be openly available to the mindless masses. However using drugs is not criminal behavior in my eyes, therefore I disregard any law that states otherwise.
And let’s not forget prohibition wasn’t a thing till the late 60’s where it was implemented as a way to shut down the counterculture movement.

Humans have been using drugs forever and it will remain that way regardless of what any dipshit politicians legislate. Criminalization of substance use causes more harm than good. Sure drugs have inherent risks but so does literally everything that exists. And when you take away quality control and leave production and distribution to organized crime it’s going to lead to much worse. Want an example? Do some research on the mafia’s activity during alcohol’s prohibition period.