Ranking
Original Post
Achievements overhaul
Just curious about what the process of adding achievemts is from staffs perspective

It feels like half the ones we got are clan league related, and a lot of the rest aren't challenges, but rewards for just existing a long time.
It would be a lot of fun to have more things like the 'win 10 wars in a row' achievement (which can actually be quite hard) but at higher limits.
It's also a bit odd that the clan activity achievement has 5 tiers of activity but for some reason ends at 1 year of activity.. like is that really that uncommon?

I guess it's a mix of a complaint and suggestion, but what it really boils down to is there's not a lot of achievements you can actually hunt for, and those are really the only fun ones.
What makes them extra good is seeing that you got one that's rare.

So to reiterate:
Could we have more rare challenge based achievements?
Is it a tedious thing for staff to engage in?
Are there any planned new ones?
Last edited by Hattersin; May 10, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
PM me with any and all questions
It's been brought up countless times, they probably won't do anything about it until Toribash Next.
#sick
[a]dventure | [Panda] ¿¿¿
IMO the whole achievement system needs binned & replaced, it's pretty terrible in general

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
IMO the whole achievement system needs binned & replaced, it's pretty terrible in general

is that complicated to do for staff?
just curious how likely it is that we'll see anything like that
Last edited by Hattersin; May 11, 2018 at 06:39 AM.
What is the point of an achievement system, to give people a sense of accomplishment that will be diminished by others? For example, you work hard for a "Win 100 Judo Games" think you are the best at it because not many other people try for that achievement.
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
What is the point of an achievement system, to give people a sense of accomplishment that will be diminished by others? For example, you work hard for a "Win 100 Judo Games" think you are the best at it because not many other people try for that achievement.

or maybe rewarding engaging in different parts of the game is a pretty universally desired thing from the perspective of both game dev and audience

mods can close this
mods can close this

why, what was the purpose of this thread then?

Current achievement system is bad and staff can't add proper achievements without developers' interference - and there's only one site dev at the moment (me) but too many other more important features / tools that need to be added / fixed.
We'll eventually get a new system, what you can do in the meanwhile is suggest some good achievements / achievement types. "Win x games in this mod" is pretty simple to add and we already have that (even though they don't work properly), I'm talking about actually fun achievements that don't just rely on farming games.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Current achievement system is bad and staff can't add proper achievements without developers' interference - and there's only one site dev at the moment (me) but too many other more important features / tools that need to be added / fixed.
We'll eventually get a new system, what you can do in the meanwhile is suggest some good achievements / achievement types. "Win x games in this mod" is pretty simple to add and we already have that (even though they don't work properly), I'm talking about actually fun achievements that don't just rely on farming games.

What about in adding new developers to the game?
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post

That's probably Hampa's decision to make, and it's not easy to find suitable, let alone trust worthy people to take on that role.
#sick
[a]dventure | [Panda] ¿¿¿
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post

sure, do you know any?

most devs added don’t finish a single task, and probably don’t know how to do the things they claim to know. if you can + want to help, we encourage you to apply
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up