Toribash
Original Post
Ranked Servers
Alright, so firstly, I'm well aware that ranked servers exist. That isn't where this is going. I recently got Platinum Tier and did so mostly through the ranked servers that exist, the issue is now that my elo is >1631 I can no longer play in those servers so my suggestion is introducing more ranked servers that have different elo cutoffs so like a server for 0-1631, server for Gold tier - elo needed for diamond tier and then a server for platinum tier(1631) - 2000 for platinum tier and diamond tier.

No one ever does matchmake and I see way more people in the ranked servers and I'm assuming its to grind for platinum and then die and come back when they fall out of platinum or matchmake to avoid decay. With this I believe you'll see way more participation throughout the entirety of this season and by restricting higher elos with one another its more benefical than matchmaking and getting some random person who's qualifying and can destroy elo in any kind of fuck up.

Hope this makes sense, kind of rushed it if you have any questions I'll answer to clarify anything I wasn't clear on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
In my opinion, they need to go full one way or the other otherwise both will fail. No one will play matchmaking if they can pick a lobby instead, it is much easier to cherry pick opponents in a lobby, also if you're matched vs someone better it's just 1 loss and not 3.

If they got higher elo lobbys no one will ever play the matchmaking function. But because of the low elo lobbys no one does play the matchmaking currently like you said. Hope this makes sense, imo they should have it only matchmaking and get rid of the lobbys. (If they cant get matchmaking to succeed then something else would need to happen, e.g. start up ranked lobbys)
I think you're both ignoring the possibility that it's just that there aren't enough plat+ people to support constant play.

I think the current set-up does well for its purpose - people can farm their way up to plat via the ranked rooms and then they can use the matchmaking function. Maybe we can consider a gold - plat and a plat - gold room, but that also might be something people prefer to set up next season, if at all.

Either way I can bring up the discussion
As someone who has seen other seasons flop especially in the long run I think this could be a better route, or even the possibility of when a user joins a ranked lobby then they automatically search on matchmaking so that way there's not really a queue. Honestly, I feel like there isn't enough incentive to sustain a constant audience of players wanted to do ranked matches or even participate in each season. In the meantime, an easy fix to keep players chasing rank 1 would be lobbies because that's obviously where most players prefer to go in comparison to matchmaking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
how about they add mods that arent tk for once

id like more ranked servers for higher ranks though nobody does matchmaking
Toribash isn't really competitive in a lobby format, they need to increase the incentive and then actually PROMOTE matchmaking within toribash itself

If there is a bunch of lobbies the Toribash will go black to square one. Queing in lobbies is so inefficient and out dated
Last edited by FistofLife; Sep 16, 2018 at 11:15 PM.
Sir went and created more ranked lobbies for different tiers. In my opinion, destroying the concept of matchmaking and competitiveness. Owell poor developers for wasting all that energy and investment. Poor hampa for having sir as an adviser.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
"changed elo requirements in existing ranked rooms" ~Sir, Today.

Essentially the same thing, same result, sir killed matchmaking.