Toribash
Originally Posted by JayTheGay View Post
1. constantly kicking everyone is not a really nice way to keep your server just for your buddies. it makes you look like a total dick. can you make ur server pass-protected?

Too bad.
Originally Posted by JayTheGay
2. if there are "no grounds to complain on" for me, and if everyone is so fuckin equal ,then there is no ground for YOU as well to complain about double loggers. It's free to play toribash now. When something's free, you can't complain about it not being "perfect".

No, but that's our point, we all have equal rights and we DO have the right to complain about something that's "cheating".
Originally Posted by JayTheGay
3. "Nabi has to pay for the servers"
read what i wrote in the previous post. if they would just let the players host themselves - AKA HAVING MY SERVER ON MY MACHINE , USING MY TRAFFIC- they wouldnt have to pay for the servers.

Then you would. And if hardly anyone paid, and we had maybe 5 servers, some idiot could own the server and kick people for no reason.

My opinion time: It's not cheating, they're getting more TC and Qi faster, but they're not CHEATING to do it. They're actually earning the TC/Qi from both windows, so technically it's not cheating.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
dude, if EVERYONE could host for free whenever he likes, then EVERYONE would have enough space, not just 5 rooms.
there would be nice and bad hosters, of course, but if someones kicks you out, you just take your clan mates and host your own room, and dont kick everyone out

every noob could host then too and play with his nub mates, not giving a damn about if a pro likes him.

i once saw [Evil]Nicras bitching at a noob in room 8, like "THIS IS PRO ROOM GET OUT YOU STUPID NUB YOU MAY NOT PLAY HERE" it made me furious as f**k, how can you be so noob-unfriendly?!

now imagine a noob hosts himself, and is not always pushed around by hostile "Pros"
and ppl who hate nubs just host their own server and are happy, too.

didnt u ever play another online game where you just MAY HOST?

whatsoever, I´ve stated my points often enough now, please read them carefully before replying and think about why it would make total sence if we all could host on our own machines.

i will not continue this discussion due to the fact that i start repeating myself and dont want to repeat my clearly stated points against a horde of people who misunderstand it or just trying to attack me in their belief that everything is OK and FINE and couldnt be better.

really a pity how much toribash potential gets f-d up because of the peoples attitude.
I agree with jay.
Also note that this modification wouldn't need too much effort from the programmers.
Also Nabi would still get his money from TC sells via the shop.
even when torilaunch did work prior to 3.0, tc and qi were not gained from winning and playing (from what i remember).

but from what you are saying you dont care about that stuff anyway
TeamSambo - [ R A W R ] - BnW

I didn't misunderstand it at all but I prefer the way it is now more.
Considering that there are thousangs of players and if only a little amount of them host you end up with like 500 servers. And if you know many people in the community they will be spread all over those and it takes long to check them all. Even with a buddy list.
And you couldn't earn Qi/Credits on those servers since they could be abused easily and it is just a pain in the ass to check all those servers. I know you are not caring about Qi/Credits but that doesn't solve the problem.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by JayTheGay View Post
dude, if EVERYONE could host for free whenever he likes, then EVERYONE would have enough space, not just 5 rooms.

Uh, if Nabi'd have to pay, I'd imagine we would...

The fact: WE WILL NEVER HOST SERVERS AGAIN!!
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Public servers > Crappy home-hosted servers

^this is a fact.

You're approaching this too simply, Jay. Take america's army as an example. It's free, and there are both public and private servers, but people only really play on the public ones as they are :
1. Quicker
2. Managed by official admins, so there is less flaming/spam/etc.

Also, as Nuthug pointed out, you couldnt earn Qi/credits on a private server. Whether you like it or not, Qi is Nabi's way of classing people by experience, and if someone was a bluebelt with 86,000 games, who could enter beginner servers etc, then that would be detrimental to the game, no ?

Anyway, it is the way it is, and it isnt going to change, and you *will* most likely get flamed for multi logins on the same account. But, atm there is no rule that stops you from doing so. If/When there is, you can either stop, or leave.
There's an admin thread about this now.

This thread's closed because people are having to repeat themselves and many points have been made to argue either side.

If you have anything to add that you REALLY think is a valid point, PM me and I may add it to the discussion.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.
Hello!

I am here to inform you that...

Double Accounting is NOT allowed.

Please see the updated rules HERE.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.